Not Bolero

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

So far I am zero for three this season.The one pictured is supposed to be Bolero and is not.I'm thinking Blushing Bride or Vera but who knows.Ideas welcome.The other two were sold as Piquant but are good old Minerva.These were all Walmart purchases so it's no big loss.

Thumbnail by gone2seed
Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

Regardless of the name it is pretty. Have a great day. Elaine

Ewing, VA

Hi JT!

It does look like Blushing Bride. If it's flower buds looked like this, it is Blushing Bride. If it's buds looked like the regular ones, this could be Pink Impression.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Thank you Maria.Now I need to see if I took a picture of the buds.

Ewing, VA

You're most welcome JT!

Now I checked my picture files for you. You're "Walmart beauty queen" .... IS Blushing Bride. The only difference between or BBs is that mine has a deeper pink marking in the eye. But then, VA is cooler than FL. BB is one of the more beautiful pinks with crepe like texture of it's rounded and overlapping petals and very nice flower form. It is actually one of my favorites. If only it would be stronger. BB will need some TLC.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

So sad to see this lovely variety being sold with all these Walmart mislabels...

Thumbnail by mariava7
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Maria, its interesting that you mention the crepe like texture of BB. My BB is also in bloom, and I noticed that right away. Thought it was odd, but I see that is a characteristic of the cultivar. Mine is also quite pale, but again it could be the warmth of Florida, the pots outside, and we've had above average temperatures most of the fall.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

I have a Blushing Bride from last year and the colors are close.The one from last year was darker but within tolerance.I like it.The Walmart bulb was planted in a spraghnum mush.That might have something to do with the lighter color.Walmart BB is putting up another scape.We will see what that one looks like.

Thumbnail by gone2seed
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Do you think the flowers I posted here are Blushing Bride? It sure can look different. I do remember mine has a crepe texture, but I can't remember how the buds looked.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7185715

susan

Our Blushing bride.

Thumbnail by
Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

lincolnitess,the flower shape and texture are right on yours.Obviously,the color can vary a lot in this variety.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.