Rosenthal question.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I've had this piece of Rosenthal 'Donatello' for many years. Thinking it was a sugar bowl, I searched the internet for similar pieces. I find Donatello sugar bowls with other floral designs or just plain white, but none with roses. The rose pattern is repeated 2 more times around the base, and appear twice on the lid. The Donatello sugar bowls I did find have handles on the side, mine doesn't. Do you think it could still be a sugar bowl or is it a powder box from a vanity set? We're starting to downsize, and I have too much stuff. If I wanted to sell it on Ebay, how would I describe it and what do you think I should ask for it? The maker's mark tells me it's pre 1950's, but that's all I know for sure.

Thanks for any help you can give me describing it.

Diana

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009 9:17 AM

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009 9:26 AM

Thumbnail by pastime
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!