My Black-tailed Deer

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

It's rutting (mating) season in our area and the larger bucks come down from the higher mountains to find our does. This big guy has been chasing numerous does and their offspring all over the place.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I felt sorry for this guy because the doe he was chasing kept ducking into the heavier brush next to our home and he kept getting his antlers stuck in the branches. Then while he was trying to untangle his antlers, the doe came out and casually started munching on the berries in the trees.

He just kept giving me the frustrated look!

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Here's a couple of does looking up to me for a handout of leaves from my garden.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

And the last one, sweet mom and baby.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Great photos and you've got some beautiful deer there. I especially love the one of the mama and fawn.

Marlton, NJ

Yes their all great but the last one is precious!

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I agree the last pic is precious. Great picture of the buck

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Really great pictures of the Black Tailed Deer. here we have Mulies and White Tailed Deer.

Donna

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Nice pics!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

The more I look at these photos, the more I think you ought to put them in a special folder called "2010 Dave's Garden Photo Contest Submissions". Every one of them is superb and you captured those beautiful animals perfectly.

Oh how I wish I could see some like this on our deer lease. I'd be thrilled! I hunt with my camera. 8^}

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.