Granite tiles to cabinet knobs and pulls

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I had what I thought was a brilliant idea last night. When I told my husband the idea, he didn't know if it would work or not.

I realize that you folks make your own.... but couldn't think of any place else here to ask this...

We have some leftover granite tiles from remodeling our kitchen. I'd like to take them some place (I have no idea where yet) and have them cut circles from the tiles and then grind them down and buff them to make drawer pulls and cabinet knobs. I realize that the tiles aren't that thick, but if they made the edges like a bullnose effect, we could use stainless spacers to pull them away from the wood of the cabinets. I've seen knobs on the internet made from granite very similar to my own, but with as many as I will need, it would get extremely expensive. I was just thinking that this would be a way to recycle the extra tiles and have them match the counters.

Am I dreaming? Or do y'all think this would be a possibility?

Janet

ps.... googling, I found this website that I am going to check out.
http://www.myknobs.com/artinstondec.html

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!