Group Seed Swap Part #2

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Girl....you sound like my twin falling down! thats why i am skeeered of going in the basement on a regular basis because I can trip on air! i have a bad leg/knee and usually go one step at a time. when i go down, i unlock the front door and 'text' my dad or sister and tell em' to call 911 if they dont hear from me in 10 mins. please dont go down there anymore unless someone knows it.

i fall at least once a month. twice last month. once on water someone spilled on the floor and once in the road walking my dog.

the timer is a great idea!!!! and simulating the sun is an even smarter idea. duh. obviously, haha, it never dawned on me!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

SAFER, too. I thought I was bad, think you got me beat.
I thought I was bad falling off my criters. Don't mind the fall,
it's that sudden stop that HURTS. Don't want any more pains.
RRM

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

no, or bruises or skinned knees and elbows. or holes in brand new pants! that one really hurt the pride.

every time i fall, i thank the stars and their maker for NOT breaking a bone. its like pushing our luck. Someone is looking out for me ;)

someone said they had 5 kinds of monarda...I'd like to know some others to try.

i better get busy! have a great day.Phyl

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra, look into an outside multi plug timer. We have them for the Christmas lights. They aren't expensive and easier than using separate ones. You may just need a few extension cords. My basement is a cellar so I have a timer...don't want to go down there unless I have to water...lots of strange thing going on!! LOL

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I saw those, thought they might just work..
I have been going up and down the stairs for almost 23 years now, but more so this past few years. it is a little harder with tri focols and the shoes I was wearing that am prolly didn't help as they were four inch stack heels..
I have fallen a few times on the ice, ears ringing ever since the last fall that hit my head.. but this stair thing is gonna be the end of me yet, as it is my Garden! anyway, I have the five kinds of monardas..
found a seed pod on my one plum deight vine that I planted too late in the fall this am, went ahead and planted them
( 2 seeds whoo hoo!) nice and sunny today, but kinda chilly.. I need to get the winter sowing going on outside, but am just too cold to go out there.. there is a vine bundle also hiding in the corner of the dog run I saved.. need to look at it before I send in my seeds for the swap.

this vine has awaken and is off and going..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I want to start some vines around my chicken pen and hope the Longears won't eat them.
Can't tell about those critters...☺
RRM

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

All you ladies that are going up and down basement steps ... DO be CAREFUL!!! I think Ronnie's idea of using a timer for the lighting is a great idea!!! Sounds like an inexpensive and simple solution.

This thread is already up to over a 100 posts so I am going to start a new thread. We are into December officially as of today, so for those who have their bubble envies and seeds ready to send to me, I am now accepting them! D-mail for my mailing information. :-)

Here is the new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059954/

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad you're ok for the most part Debra.
I fall a lot more now too.
Always tripping ovet the hose outside. Usually I can catch my balance before I fall but not every time. My feet hurt so I don't pick them up
far enough with each step. I think I'm going to get that alarm
bracelet or whatever it is so I can call for help if I'm here
by myself.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.