Group Seed Swap Part #2

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Debra, there's always someone who wants an already started tree.
You want a tulip seed?
RRM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am going to pass on that one unless you know someone who wants a seedling, I can start one, but really don't have a place to put one here..
Thanks for offering tho! ;D

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

aww Becky. and they should grow easy there. I inherited 5 cacti yesterday that my dad was threatening to throw out. He's slowly getting rid of my mom's house plants so guess who couldn't bear to see them gone? and this house doesnt have good lighting!

back to work i go....

Rig you up a grow light, nannie,
they won't know the difference, too much☺
RRM

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i would love to have apple trees and fruit trees i love trees but cant find any.
the ones i do find cost a fortune. saw an apple for like 40 dollars and it wasnt producing yet.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Marie - I know what you mean. Small starter orange trees start at $40 here and who knows how many years it will actually take to get fruit on them. I'll be too old and feeble to mosey on out to the yard to pick em and bring em in to eat. LOL!

Phyllis - There is a huge Knock Out rose bush at my Mother's home that I want. But my brother won't give it up ... yet ... but I am persistent. She also has a large Orange tree with the sweetest tasting oranges. That tree has to be 25+ years old. Maybe older. Some people grow Cacti in their yards locally, but I have never thought they looked very good in a yard with grass. To me they should be in a sandy, rocky garden. Looks weird to see cacti planted in the middle of grass. LOL!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

imzadi, do you want some peach blossom seeds? Let me look and see if I have any seeds left, if not, I will have it next summer. They produce beautiful hot pink flowers in early March. I don't have photos because I lost my hard drive.

Becky, knockout roses are so easy to root. Take a cutting in the spring and just stick it in the ground!

I am growing a lime and a lemon tree, but I think it's too cold for them to produce fruits. I really only grow it for the fragrant flowers (and leaves).

Nicole - You mean to tell me that ALL the pruned limbs from my Knock-out Rose bushes could've started NEW bushes????? Arghhhhhhh ... I have two different KO Rose bushes in pots. One is Pink and one has Red blooms. I love them! But I have to keep them in pots. The one at my Mother's home is a huge double red blooming bush. Maybe because it was loved by my Mother makes me want to have it even more. I don't know ... but it is just gorgeous and usually has tons of blooms on it! Truly stunning to my eyes! :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Becky I was just reading over the list of what we need to send and it says 18 packs of seeds. Shouldn't it be 17? Not counting ourselves?

Yes, that is actually correct. But perhaps everyone would like to receive their seeds too! LOL! Sometimes when we are busy sending to others, we forget to also keep some for ourselves. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh I've been there for sure!!

LOL! i have one that is getting pretty big, I trimmed it back a little arlready but it's still blooming, so I'm waiting for the frost before trimming off the rest. My mother has one that is HUGE too. It's a very pretty pink with a hint of while stripe in it. I have both pink and deep pink (almost red looking) and I just bought a yellow one this summer. Planted it a few weeks ago. If you want cuttings from the KO, let me know.

Why do you have to keep your KO in a pot? They grow so much better in the ground.

they have double KO now. they are pretty too.
Saw them at Home Depot.
RRM

one of my friend in alabama has them. i love KO, they just bloom their little heart out from early spring until frost!

I'm wondering why grow KO in pots too. My best roses ever grew in Lawrenceville, GA!!

RRM, my dad said put them in the basement too only he said they'd be ok without a light.
i'm not sure if I trust him lol

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i would love the peach blossom.

my knock outs here dont do well at all. i have several. i plan to cut them back this year can someone tell me how?

now my best roses are my carpet roses. those things did awesome this year.

You are Bad!! ☺ Poor old DAD. I don't know , so many rules for so many plants.
I just panted some gingers in pots, til I see how they do. Sometimes it is easier to start them out in
pots, then move them into the groud when it warmes up.
Thank you for the Help.
RRM

Happy Belated Thanksgiving every one! are you as sick of turkey and dressing as I am?

i'm having a brain fade and after looking at a few seed sites this morning I'm cornfused =)
which are the JMG, the I. nils? and are those the ones that are not invasive?

oops. I scrolled up and saw where Miss Becky already said what my seeds are. duh.

Becky, do MG suffer much from Damp-off?
I Planted my one fuzzy seed and it is up!!!!
It looks good. Maybe I should transplant it. About an inch tall with
red stem. Does that sound right?
Moonvine is leaning toward me, go to redirect it.
RRM
Charleen

Charleen lets see it!

that powder is ground cinnamon.
here it is!!!!
Charleen

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

awwww it is cute.. I use cinnamon on everything too..

blooming in the basement

Thumbnail by joeswife
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

cinnamon on a plant?

It fights infection, amazing isn't it. I keep one in the house for plants and one out in the barn for plants.
It helps, so I'm using it. You can get it for a dollar at some of the stores. Powdered Cinnamon.
Try it, and your plants smell good. so does the soil, I usually just mix it into the soil.
RRM

hey, RRM, if you have a light in the basement, do you turn it on and off each day or leave it on 24 hrs a day?

cinnamon? ya learn something new everyday!

No, dear I don't have a basment. It is here on my desk.
So lights are on and off daily.
Yep, cinnamon.
Charleen

oh, sorrry. now who was it that has a growlight in the basement?

me... i have several...

Thumbnail by joeswife

If I had one it would be like yours, Debra.
Why did you ask Nanniepb?
I'm curious.
Charleen

i have lots of herbs (like 5 kinds of rosemary) and several things that i dont have the room or windows that are well lit to keep inside till spring. jasmine sprouts. and i was thinking about moving them downstairs. butttttt my stairs are trecherous and i wondered if i had to turn them on and off each day or left them on 24/7. i think i have talked myself out of the idea.

its rainy and cold here today. i've been looking at seed site =)

It's growing what size pot next?
MG Fuzzy is really going now!
Nannie can you lower them in a bucket?
to move them that way?Put a rope on a pot and lower AWAY,
the smaller ones, anyway....☺☺
Charleen

Debra - I am soooo envious of your wonderful basement green room and all the healthy plants you have growing down there! I could sit in there all day and enjoy it! :-)

Phyl - Be careful of those stairs if you do attempt to grow some plants down there!

Charleen - Glad to hear the fuzzy seed is doing so well! Yay!

Thanks Becky, I am so glad I do have this basement.. Phil plz be careful, I fell down the stairs wenesday am at 6 thirty from the third step down, couldn't move and was in pain for a long time, all dressed up for work, my dog looking at me from the top of the stairs head cocked as I howled and hollered for someone upstairs to wake up and help me.. thank goodness I didn't have my hands full, they are what helped me to break my fall, both my knees and my right upper arm are black and blue from this fall, and it hurts to walk now, and all I can say is I was going down to turn on the lights before work, and no one heard me no matter how loud I hollered.. Once I figured out nothing was broke, I got up slowly, brushed off the floor junk off of me and hobbled on to turn on the lights and hobbled up the stairs. went to work.
no one heard me and I was hollering very loudly. be careful and use your hands on the rail and turn the lights on before you go down the stairs. I am just glad it was not when i had four jugs of water in my hands, as that would have been a bad thing. it is a weird feeling to know you are falling in a split second, you are wondering how the heck that happened and ut oh all at once. I am still sore, but very very careful now.
here is another part of my basement garden

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, I hope you didn't sprain anything. I know that falling feeling. Helpless, is what you are.
That's why I asked about a bucket of plants being lowered, I'm sort of klutzy and Know I would fall.
We have to be careful in our old age.
Charleen
RRM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra so glad you are OK!! I use timers on my lights. Any way you guys can?

Can what? Tomatoes? Jams? Jellies?
Chow-Chow?
Charleen
RRM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Any way you guys can....use timers!!

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.
Sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers.☺
Charleen

I am okay now, just sore ugly bruises, goes well with all the chiggar scars, varicose veins etc. LOL I am off work today.. cleaned off another vine that dried, it was tagged jaimie lynn, going to bag them up for the swap. There may be a few rougue Rebeccas in that bag so be aware, I am going to mark that baggie jaimie Lynn and friends LOL. I looked at timers at walmart. I would need eight. that is how many plug ins I have lights attached to. I put them on my christmas wish list for the kids to get me. we will see.I have my lights set up so I can mimic the sun as it rises and moves from east to west. I also asked for a four bulb 48 inch shop light to hang in the middle.. I only have about 6 more pillow cases of seed vines to go thru.. I think they are mostly repeats of what I have already bagged up for this swap..

My college girl painted this for me to decorate with down there..

This message was edited Dec 1, 2009 12:25 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.