Hi everyone

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hello again. My lttle two day trip tp Deleware turned into a fifteen day trip. I was within one hour of DC when the plane hit the Pentagon and as that lies within my area of responsibility as well as Somerset PA I went to DC immediatly and have been there ever since-got back today and checking how everyone is doing here. My garden lies in weeds and my dreams of beauty in disrepair in more than one way.But somehow thats nor important right now. I go to DC next week again after meetings in PA and then on to NY probably to relieve my coworkers who have been there since SEpt 11th doing stress debriefing. But still somewhere within my mind lies images of flowers blooming and birds singing instead of images of planes exploding and people running and children crying. I WILL carry beauty with me whereever I am for I have the choice to do so.Noone can take that away from me. I got my handicapped sticker in the mail today also and I cant tell you how I feel about that-the end of another part of my life-the acknowledgement that I am no longer young and no longer agile as I was ten years ago even is a hard acknowledgement for me to make.Blessings upo our world and those who suffer in so many ways. Our common pain in loss cries out for comfort from one another in another way this fall.I hope all of you get your seeds and plants in the ground and grow beauty for me too while you are abbout it. God bless you my friends Shirley

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Shirley, I wondered if you'd been called in. What a hard job you have. I've been thinking about you and all the rescue workers - You're way up on my list of hereos!

Check your e-mailbox

Kathleen

okay, I can't attached the picture and I can't find your address ( I'm sure I had it!) but I am THINKING of you!

This message was edited Tuesday, Sep 25th 11:53 AM

Success, MO

Marclay,
YOU and ALL of the rescue workers are my heros !! We will all come form this 'event' with a new view of life and it value.My prayer is that we all CONTINUE this Love and support and GIVING to each.

Please travel safely and God Bless You.
I wonder if I am close enough to you ? ... I would LOVE to help you tend your Gardens until you are able to return.I will write you off line to see were you are.

MUCH LOVE!!
NOWeedSZ

Thanks guys for the kind words. I have never been so proud to be both fire and EMS as I have been these past days. We are a breed apart that everyone takes for granted and often boo if we dont shsow up when people think we should or when they think we should--especially we volunteer companies. Noone but another fire person can know the special agony of losing one of us. The worst calls I have taken over the years have been when it was a brother or sister down. Thanks NOWeedZs but Im way over here in the PA mts. I appreciate the offer. I am not afraid of anything someone can do to this od body-my spirit is secure. Blessings

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

thankyou marclay..... you are a wonder...

everyone here in australia think of you and your people...

bless you

laura

Thank you Laura and we appreciate all the support our allies are giving to us also. Shirley

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I too have been thinking of you. I know your job is a tough one and if I were anywhere close I would help you. At least like you say you can keep nice pics in the head. Allof the rescue workers are to be commended. I am not sure that I could do that job. All of you are heroes. God bless and keep you safe. janet

Thanks Janet. I dont do hands on rescue anymore except as the chaplain of our county search nd rescue team. I can treat the patient if they are brought out to me. What I do in my role is to network the faith community-whoever that might be in the community to respond in an appropriate way. In DC I facilitated a meeting last week with over 50 there most clergy from Protestant Catholic and Muslim congregations in the District the Naryland suburbs and Northern Virginia to dialogue about the unified response to violernce needed for a terrible incident like this. Our next meeting is the 3rd and many more people and religious leaders have been invited to come and sit down and talk. We have concentrated on counseling and networking the community to develop a unified approach for response to violence. Our people wjo are working at this include FEMA-ARC chaplains from metro police Public Safety Military Civil Air Patrol chaplains and DC Emergency Management and Mayors officce folks. I have been put on standby for stress debriefing team for NY but the totnadoes in Maryland have caused some real damage there also so I will go there probably tomorrow and network the faith community if there is a need to respond to this disaster. Real fufillment in doing this because I meet so many really beautiful ordinary people doing such wonderful things. Shirley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.