We are all connected

Cool photography in that film. I like the idea that there is an entire universe within us. Makes me feel very strange.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Hahaha! Tracy and I both have some of their songs (including that one) in our Zunes- they're awesome.

Edited to add: http://www.symphonyofscience.com/ is their official website. Go watch the "A Glorious Dawn" video. I love it.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2009 2:28 AM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for adding, Pony. I wasn't sure whether to post their site or the video. Wanted to make sure that nobody missed the video itself. I actually found the tune pretty catchy.

We need to find a good site to introduce the concept of fractals to everybody. I'm sure that by now there's something very cool online. The metaphor for these concepts is the same . . .

This message was edited Nov 9, 2009 12:56 PM

We listen to a lot of electronica/synthpop type music, so this fits right in with our usual stuff. :) I anxiously await more songs, I'm on the email list for alerts of any new releases.

Now I see how completely out of the loop I am. I had no idea that this was not just a one shot deal. Very interesting stuff, to be sure.
Here's a reference to what 'Third man' means.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Man_phenomenon

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for posting that, Melissa. I had heard of the isolated incidences of that, but not the term . . .

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112746464
Check this out. Looks like a good book, but chilling stories.

Trippy stuff. Makes you wonder...

(Judi)Portland, OR

So interesting. My youngest child, who is now a research biologist, went through a period of about a year when he insisted that Winston Churchill was in his body. He was in the fourth grade, if I remember correctly. He even spoke with the accent. We all thought he was nuts.

Poor kid. It must have been crowded in there! LOL!

(Judi)Portland, OR

That same school year the kids had to do a report on a famous person and he announced at dinner that he was reporting on Bull Halsey. Remember, he was the youngest of 7 kids so everyone had an opinion. We all looked at him like "Who???" He was considered to be a nerd but eventually became the president of his fraternity at Berkeley. He continues to surprise us with his neuro-molecular work. Maybe Winston knew a lot about that as well!

He was probably channeling any number of great scientists, just practicing for later!

(Judi)Portland, OR

His siblings think he's strange, except when they are all on snowboards - he rode for the Cal ski/board team and he's really good. His sibs say it's not fair that he's both smart & athletic. "Pick one!" they say. They sure kept me entertained for years.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The concept of reincarnation and hat we may have lived previous lives makes complete sense to me intuitively. I believe that's why many kids are so wise - they haven't become completely inured to this life, so there's much of the awareness of the previous life in there.

I saw a piece on Nightline or Dateline or 20/20 many years ago on a doctor famous in the U.S. for regressing people, especially to discover the roots of life-damaging fears and phobias. He had a several-year waiting list, as I recall.

I found this guy online. Not sure if it is him, but it does sound like him.

If I had the time and money and the right professional, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009 9:24 PM

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Me also. I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Do you ever wonder if a recurring dream or a dream that seems so familiar is actually a long forgotten memory? How many genes are in the gene pool? Is that why so many people have similar looks and traits? What happens to our life energy when we die, if matter cannot be created nor destroyed?

(Judi)Portland, OR

I like to think that our "life energy" remains with those we loved, in the form of memory and joy.

The gene pool is endless, since genes are constantly mutating. All interesting questions, Lynn.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmm. Memories as part of ones life energy. That bears some thinking about.

If we reincarnate, that would mean that we spread our life energy across time and generations . . . but we have some of others' life energy we've acquired along that way.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Maybe everyone you meet shares energy with you.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes, it sounds like it.

(Judi)Portland, OR

I think people can share good energy with you, but there are some who sap energy away from you. Stay away from those people!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

That's what I'm thinking, that it's important to surround yourself with people who share good energy. But what a gift it would be to be able to convert negative energy. Based on the framework we're building, that would seem to be a benefit that gets passed on many times . . .

(Judi)Portland, OR

I think you can sometimes handle someone who is sapping energy from you, but not when they sense you being strong - that's when they try even harder to take energy from you. You can get completely worn down. I also think you can regain lost energy, but I haven't quite figured out the best way to do that.

Going beachcombing restores my energy. Seriously.

I've known too many "psychic vampires" in my life. I try to avoid them whenever possible.

(Judi)Portland, OR

I like that term - "psychic vampires" - very descriptive. My ex-husband became one after many years of marriage. By the time I left he was a vacuum.

I can't take credit for the term, it's been around a long time. But it certainly fits the description of some people I'm known.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

We're taught in meditation and energy-healing classes that the Earth provides a boundless source of energy and that you can learn to "run" that energy through yourself (and get your chakras spinning in a healthy way) and through others for healing.

If you could run energy into that psychic vampire, could you give them so much energy or provide such a never-ending source of it that they would cease to require so much? If the "needy" are needy because they're not having their needs met, would meeting their needs make them not be needy?

I think of 'past' lives as being lives as not really being 'past'. Time as I understand it, is not linear, so other lives may be happening in other dimensions at any one time. I think of the soul as a larger entity with many lives happening at any one time, but in different places and dimensions. It's a little hard to wrap my head around, but it's something I toy with. Yeah. I think about wierd things.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I like the weird things you think about. I've never felt the intuitive appeal of non-linear time, though I do consider it. I love the idea hat I'm just part of a soul who is dancing around several different dimensions right now. Wow.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm having this weird synchronicity thing this week. Everywhere I'm finding discussions about energy, souls, consciousness, the concept we are all connected. My yoga teacher is discussing consciousness this week. I can't spell sanskrit, but she's talking about satchitinanda (she says it means truth, consciousness and bliss ) (please excuse my spelling!!) The "chit" is the consciousness part, the internal, individual part of it, and chita is the world of all consciousness if I got that right. I don't take notes as I don't want to get more focused on writing everything down than listening, but maybe I should start.

I've also been thinking about multidimensional timelines. An old friend that I'd lost touch with died suddenly two weeks ago (He was 53). I've been thinking about all the choices we make and all the choices we didn't make and the diverging points to different lives.

In my office I have a cut glass crystal hangs on the end of a string. It's round and has facets all over it. I think of the entire thing like a soul, and each facet like a lifetime. I think this must be why I love the Outlander series of books about time travel so much. Whenever I think of Jamie and Claire in one time and place, and Brianna and Roger in another time and place, it seems to me like the stories are happening concurrently, like their lives are being lived in parallel with time being a construct that is simply of our making.
Geez, it's too late for this heady stuff.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Back to the negative energy thing. That is how husbands make me feel. Wonder why that is?

That's also how I felt in the last Outlander book. They were side-by-side rather than ahead or behind.

And sometimes one does brush up against something.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I'm weeks (or months behind), but found this thread and am soooooooooooo intrigued! I'm a fan of the "Law of Attraction" books which definitely emphasize that our souls (inner selves, whatever) return again and again. I firmly believe that deja vu is a long lost memory thing. I'll return to look at all the links, but wanted to at least say hi.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

HI Murmur, It's so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing okay.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Carol!

Sue, maybe your teacher can recommend some reading for you so you can get oriented before/after class and then be able to listen to her discussions firsthand. The ancients have done some (I feel) great study into this.

This is one of my favorite book stores. Anybody who finds themselves in Seattle should stop by. It's not far off I-5 on 65th and Roosevelt in the U District. http://www.eastwestbookshop.com/ Too bad they don't yet do online sales.

I see that Joan Ranquet will be teaching an animal communication class. I took a couple of classes from her when she had just decided to do this full time . . .

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Kathy,
Actually, I've been trying to be very organic with learning this stuff. As you've no doubt noticed, I can be a little, er, too research-oriented. ;) So I've been trying something different and just letting things sort of sink in. This is not to say I'm not still reading all sorts of things, some of which have connections to this.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sue - that makes perfect sense. And what a great observation and effort to challenge yourself in that way. Neat that you're taking such a great yoga class, too. I wish I had a good one that was closer . . .

Willow, I wonder if that's what Gabaldon is leading up to in the next book. This one definitely left us all hanging by soo many threads!

Hiya, Carole! I like the Law of Attraction books. Simple, yet profound and hard to master.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I certainly hope it doesn't take her three more years to right the next one.

Is anyone reading the Sara Donati books. Her new one is coming out soon. I preordered it on Amazon.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009 7:09 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.