Beautiful Weather

Port Hope, MI

It was a beautiful day here. I dug up all the dahlias and now they're drying. I transplanted and divided. and hauled out buckets of water since the hoses are already put away. I planted more tulips and daffs and some allium (purple sensation). And now, I'm hungry and my back hurts. But it was great to be outside all day.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yep it was a great day here too-NO wind!!! I planted some bulbs i got in a trade last week
Watched my DH plant a huge Mum n then he cut down a walnut tree and i sat and watched that!!!
Kids made a leaf fort and it was just a nice day outside!

I have a herniated disc and waiting on a surgeon to see me and go from there!
so i havent been busting my butt-cuz its broke!!! I just do as much as i can before
i cant walk!
A few weeks ago i loaded and stacked 3 huge loads of wood and then stood still talking
the next thing i knew---I could hardly make it to the house i was in so much pain just walking!

But i have a few months to get fixed before spring! :)
tomorrow is suppose to be warm again
http://www.wnem.com/wxmap/13699037/detail.html

Thumbnail by notmartha
Port Hope, MI

I hope it is nice tomorrow, but I think I'm out of stuff to do. I was kind of hoping it would rain to give all the transplants a good bath.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori,

I am soooo sorry to hear about your poor back. I was afraid you were overdoing it. I know how hard it is to sit and watch when you want to be doing. Please take care.

We've been outside working during all this nice weather and I'm fixing to go out and do some more. We got the old barn kitten proofed I think. Our new mousers have been residing in the bunkhouse. We'll be moving them over to their new digs soon. We made it nice and cozy in there for them. They will have fun. There are plenty of mice for them to catch I'm sure. :)

Today we plan to work on clearing out the garage so we can park our vehicles in there for winter. I've already got the snow shovels by the back door and my bucket of salt. I'm ready. The tractor is backed into the big pole barn with the snow blade on it. I do need to go out and take down my skeleton. :) Maybe I could dress him up like a turkey ? ha ha ha

Have fun in the sun. Hunters are coming in already getting their guns sited in. Season starts this Saturday. We've got two deer in the freezer but could take more. Son is hunting again this weekend. I'm sure the town's businesses are happy to have more customers. Things are slow for everyone.

Brenda

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

It's still pretty darn nice out. I have planted tons of bulbs and all my garlic, about 50 cloves. Plus lots of raking.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well its rainy out now but sooo glad its not snow ;0)
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I heard on the radio this morning that we're going to have snow on Thanksgiving day. Did anyone else hear that?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

nope i heard its going to be cold for black friday!!! next weeks forecast down here!

Tuesday
Nov 24
Few Showers
High 47°F
Low 36°F
Precip 30 %

Wednesday
Nov 25
Few Showers
High 43°F
Low 31°F
Precip 30 %

Thursday
Nov 26
Few Showers
High 42°F
Low 31°F
Precip 30 %

Friday
Nov 27
Few Showers
High 42°F
Low 29°F
Precip 30 %

Saturday
Nov 28
Cloudy
High 41°F
Low 30°F
Precip 20 %

warm and rain here today! im still in my PJ's and it feels great!! lol

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I just checked the ten day forecast at intellicast.com and it's calling for snow flurries on Thanksgiving. High of 41 and low of 27. I hope they're wrong. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. We're all ready for it if and when it gets here. Got both vehicles maintenance done at Bay City Honda over the last two days. Still need to put my snow tires on and that's it. Ready to hunker down with some turkey. :)

It was cloudy with drizzle off and on here today. I miss the sun.

Brenda

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Last year Nov 3rd the snow stuck. We have been lucky this year. We got a couple less weeks of winter. (of course we had fall all summer)

Sure have been enjoying the warmer weather. I like winter once it gets here, but I sure don't look forward to it.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The sun just came out from behind those gloomy clouds here. I hope it stays out. It really warms up my little house when it's sunny all day. The furnace doesn't even kick on. We have a lot of large windows to let in the sunshine. My geraniums I brought in for winter are all blooming next to me on a bench in front of an east facing window. I'm glad I was able to save them. I wish I had thought to dig up my sweet potato vines out of the planter boxes.

I'm going out to the barn to play with my kittens and feed them. Have a great day everyone.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes they have changed the forecast for here to cold and snow for thanksgiving!!
but im staying inside with Kayle --yahoo!

Thumbnail by notmartha
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Kayle is adorable!! I don't blame you for staying inside with that cutie.

Sun is out here today. We're putting up a snow fence out front to keep the dang chickens and deer from tromping around in my flower bed. :) The chickens did a good job of eating slugs and fertilizing. They even ate the grass I had a hard time getting out of there. But, enough is enough so now I'm fencing them out. Hope it works and they don't fly over it. We'll see.

We bought the barn cats a big area rug to go down over the cold cement floor. I got them a bunch of new toys to play with too. They are so spoiled.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.