I actually have a greenhouse! From Curvesarein.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Well, we are working on it the cheapest way we can and this is what we have so far.
Linda

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Another picture

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Another view of end. We are building small trusses now to attach a roof too, maybe just heavy sign material this year we have already. We have pond liner for the floor. And I have some shutters to put up on the front , one on each end.
Then hopefully we will make a dutch door. Now should I eventually paint it white?
I am thinking of doing sage green on the shutter, crackle paint and then white on top. If it gets too hot I can grow a simple evergreen vine that doesn't take over the planet for shade in summer and filtered light in winter. I have one ,a jasmine nearby, it isn't a real fast grower. Any suggestions? So far we have about $50 in it. The windows were donated as most of you know and have seen around this forum. I have 3 left to change out cracked window panes, just not sure if we should do that yet.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very nice. Curious...why the pond liner floor. Where will the water drain?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

The floor is wood, so I figured if I have some spillage that will protect the wood.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Adding more pics of the progress

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Close up of shutters.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Another view.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Well, you quickly find out 6 by 9 isn't very big, you have to make the best use of space. So we went out and bought closet shelving to wrap around it and put bigger pots under it. All the plants are in except my palms, when they go in it will be like a jungle. It's hard to get a good pic because it is so small, but maybe you can get the idea. Someone gave me the brackets and I spent about $80 on shelving, more than the rest of the greenhouse. We still have to make a door. But we have about $150 in it, not counting floor, it was already there. I came up with the idea of putting roof sealer on it, since it is wood. There will still be some finishing touches but they will happen a little at a time. I did get another set of shutters just like the ones on it. So I may put them on another side or put them below the other shutters to mimic my original inspiration picture, then add a window box in between. It sure is nice out there in the morning, but will hardly be room for a chair! Now I see why you all keep getting bigger and bigger greenhouses!

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Another pic

Thumbnail by curvesarein
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

That looks really nice. I love my closet shelving as any dirt or litter falls to the floor for easy clean up, and it doesn't throw shadows.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Well today hit the 60's here, we are high desert. That greenhouse was climbing fast to 80 degrees. So I had to put shade cloth up on the south side, but that dropped it 10 degrees. It is only getting to 42 tonight. So we will make a roll up shade for that side on the outside. I just used scrap strips today and used hubby's screwgun and took the screws out holding the roof canvas on and tucked it under that and screwed them back down.
I found the greatest solution for the wood floor. Roof sealant, the kind that won't let water through, it is very durable and hubby used to use it on roofs and had used it on my fountain and birdbaths. I got some for $21 for a gallon in white and will roll the floor in that. Then do a decorative pattern on it. I will keep posting new pics over on the Greehouse forum under, Greenhouses out of old windows, it is a long thread, that is why I put this one up too.
Linda

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

The greenhouse with faux finish floor and more shutters on the side. I used a stencil after I rolled the floor with roof coating twice.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Inside of greenhouse with new floor.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

One more pic for now, this is the side. I plan to make a brick patio out of the 300 used brick I got for free in the spring and maybe a picket fence around it.
Hubby mounted these shutters today, got off of Freecycle, as I did the windows too. So glad I started our Freecycle here. Hubby is off getting material to make me a Dutch Victorian door. With gingerbread and a glass doorknob and backplate that was his mothers collection. But never had a use for it.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Here's the door I was working on today, but added more embellishement like more ivy on the top and some butterflies in hot pink. Hubby got it hung but too late to take pics. It is so cute.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

that is adorable!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I actually added more embellishements and it is hung with a few finishing touches to go on and the doorknobs.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

More pics are in the Greenhouse forum under Greenhouse out of old windows.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Here's the back of the dutch door.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

Filling up fast

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

old screen door a friend got me, but really takes up a lot of room, but for now it will stay and I will create something on it.

Thumbnail by curvesarein

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.