Logee's Open House this weekend

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

I just got home from Logee's. All the 2.5 inch begonias were on sale for $5, lots of other specials, tours of the greenhouses, and plants, plants, plants. Well worth a trip.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How were the sales people?

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Wonderful. Of course, they remember me from previous years, so that helps. They searched for several plants that weren't on the benches, advised on plants that I had to try, and gave thumbs up/down on my selections. DH said it was like a plant geek convention when I was talking to the salespeople, managers, etc at checkout. He spoke to the computer person for a while about twitter, face book, etc. It wasn't very busy when I was checking out, but there were lots of people when we first arrived (I take 2 -3 hours to browse) and there were helpful people in the greenhouses.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad to hear it. A couple of us had a rude reception last year, but of course it wasn't open house. We complained and they did send us gift certificates, but still makes me a little leery.

Amsterdam, NY(Zone 5a)

Maybe it was an off day for the person. I've never had the people there be anything but nice. Give it another try. They have a wealth of information - especially the owner, Byron. I have to tell you that the most amazing thing at Logee's is watching Bryon literally run through the houses looking for a plant. The aisles are about 18" wide and that boy can move!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I never used my gift cert. Jen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I just bought rooting hormone with it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.