Like your movies creepy and scary? "Them" French,2007

Medford, NJ

I ordered this from Comcast OnDemand last night, thought it looked interesting.....VERY good, very scary! The kind of scary like the first "Alien" movie -- you are on the edge of your seat biting your nails thru the whole thing.

I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that it was very well acted, very tense, and very atmospheric. Frightening. Not in the gory-bloody-slasher kind of way, hate that stuff, but in a realistic way, you can almost feel that you are there. Supposedly this film was based on real events. It has been compared to Wolf Creek - which I found hard to watch, due to how horrible and gory the torture was, but the psychological terror was similar.

It's in French with English subtitles, so keep that in mind if you don't like subtitles. Also, foreign films do not end the same as American films, in general, so if you like your films to finish neatly, all wrapped up and tied with a bow, then this may not be the movie for you.

Look for it on video or if you have pay-per cable. I am in the northeast, Philadelphia suburbs, we have Comcast and this was in the free movie section, but even if it was for $$, it would have been worth it to me. Try to see it without googling it first, so you won't know too much.....

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!