Soilless seedling mix for indoors?

Downingtown, PA

I've been using ProMix Soilless seed starting mix. I ran out and its getting hard to get. What other kind can I use for indoors?
Can I use M.Gro Soiless mix-- its mostly peat moss, but does have M.gro fert in it. I am afraid my coleus will grow wild with plant food?!

Pls advice....!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I've used it with great success. Otherwise you can go online to Fafard and see who carries it in your area. That's my favorite mix.

Downingtown, PA

Is Fafard avlbl only in bales? Is it totally Soilless?

Did you say you've used M.gro soiless mix-- ? Did the plants grow BIG indoors since they had the fertilizer in M.gro?
Tks

I can see you're concerned the plants will put on too much growth but that's not the case. You'd be safe with MG.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

MetroMix is a good one, too. I used to use ProMix for everything but I can't get it locally either, except at one place for around $45 a bale. Lately I've used both MetroMix and Fafard and liked both of them.

My local Lowes and Home Depot now sell ONLY MG potting mix.

Karen

Earlier this year there were complaints from several people that their big box stores only carried MG, eliminating the competition or making it more difficult to buy what we, the customers, prefer. Competition is a positive thing in my view.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I've switched over totally to coir. So far so good. It seems to be saving on the watering with things under the lights and my fungus gnat issues are almost non existent.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.