CLOSED: Have: I have a limited Maypop seed

Greensburg, PA

I have seed of maypop (Passiflora incarnata) available for postage. I have two forms, one which produces an elongated fruit and the other which produces a rounder fruit. I will include a few seeds of each kinds (separate). Maypop produces an edible fruit and grows in zone 5 (my zone, no problems with hardinest after a number of years). My zone is slightly too cold to fully ripen fruits for eating, but seed is viable and flowers attractive.

Post your interest here and I will d-mail you my address. You will send me 4 Forever stamps and I will ship the seed to you priority mail in a new sasbe which you will keep.

I also have a limited supply of Aronia seed, Osage Orange seed and Cinnamon Vine seed tubers (other thread gets priority for the latter) and can include some of that upon request while supply lasts. Please be patient, there is a lot going on in my life at the moment, so it may take me a few weeks to get this out to you.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Krowten,
I'm always looking to add edibles to my garden, especially ones with gorgeous flowers! I can send you stamps for the two kinds of passiflora, just let me know what your address is. Thank you very much!
-Brittany

This message was edited Nov 1, 2009 10:59 PM

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Me too please!

Zapata, TX

I would love some of your seed

Bonifay, FL

I am very interested in both types of Maypop, and the Osage Orange seeds! You have such a neat collection of unusual edible plants!

Center, TX

Hey Krowten, I too would like whatever you can share esp the Maypop. I'll get your envelope ready. Thanks, alda

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I would love to have some of your Passifloras & Osage Orange seed please.

ants

Greensburg, PA

Just wanted to comment here that Osage Orange is not an edible. It is a "curiosity" tree that provides large, visually interesting fruits in the fall. It is a large tree and the fruit can be messy in your yard. Fruits can be 5-6" in diameter and look like "brains". It is a relative of Che/Mandarin Mellon Berry and is commonly used as root stock for grafting such. Hardy to at least zone 5. Seed is from collected fruits.

Will be sending d-mail by the end of the week.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would be interested in the maypop if you still have some. Thankyou.

Greensburg, PA

I'm closing this thread as I only have a limited amount of seed this year. Should be able to fill all requests up to and including CajunKy.

Center, TX

Krowten, we need your address. Thanks, alda

Greensburg, PA

Alday, that's why I'll be sending dmail

Greensburg, PA

I'm sorry to all who posted interest here but I am withdrawing this offer. If you previously heard from me and have your stamps in the mail, I will honor your request and ship to you when your stamps come in.

I am currently very frustrated as I have had a number of people not follow instructions or short me on stamps for this offer as well as the Cinnamon Vine offer. I was trying to do a kind thing for Dave's members but now I need to reevaluate whether I want to do this. Times are tough enough here. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.