Running Power to the GH

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just started a project of running power to the GH. I plan to have a decorative yard light near the corner of the GH and 20 amp service plug inside. We needed to get the line trenched in before the ground freezes, since I start up the GH March 1st and it would be impossible to hand dig the trench then.

Thumbnail by joannabanana
, WI

Congrats Joanna! I remember trenching all too well. Lol Looks great...Barb

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

looks like a big job, but won't it be neat to have power.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The electrical project should be done today.

So we had 2 available breakers in the house (20 amp)

One breaker will power a dble plug located outside the garage and will also power that double sided plug for the greenhouse - dble outside plug for a decorative yard light and on the GH inside a switch for the overhead lighting with a spare plug.

The other breaker is power to the far end of the GH, dble plug for the heater & fan

Here's the heater fan plug

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's the inside part of the dble sided plug - essentially 4 spots to plug into. The top plug inside is tied to a switch for overhead lighting.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's the outside of the 2-sided plug for a decorative yard light

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's the plug for the water fountain, tools and Christmas lights. No more running long extension cords across the yard. YEAH!!

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

YEAH! can you come to my house when you finish? I've had electric on my wish list for some time now.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The light switch was direct wired in the end, so that leaves 2 spare plug-in at the front of the GH.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.