finding seeds

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I've been walking in the woods and am finding seeds. I found some hibiscus bushes, Only one had a flower of it, white with a maroon throat. I picked some of the dried seed pods. Will see what grows from them. I also found some crape myrtle seed pods. I'm collecting seeds from any interesting looking plants and wil see how they do. Found some wildflower seeds. Mary

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I love to go wildflowering - so many neat plants. Please don't go alone - take a man along - you never know who sees you going into the woods alone.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

I didn't know Somerset still had any woods to speak of LOL which part are you in Mary

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I live just of Boatdock Rd. Light 29. I go down to the lake near the flea market just before you get to Burnside. So I'm not that far from Monticello. Mary

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

You're not that far from where I grew up either LOL I'm a Bronston native born in Somerset

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

One day I'd like to see your garden. Pick your brain for ideas. Mary

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL my poor garden is a work in progress every year. I'm hoping this year's work will result in something I can live with but it's by no means done. But you are welcome to come visit anytime though there's nothing to see right now but where I'm working things out.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I need ideas on how to work things out. This will be the biggest garden I've done and I need to figure out if I'm doing it the best way. I will dmail you with my telephone #. Next week if you are up to company call me and we'll set a day. Mary

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

OK can you take pictures of where you want to plant stuff so I can see what you are wanting to do. I'll look forward to the dmail

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

pictures coming up. This is the back yard behing the length of a single wide trailer. This gets the most sun. Just off the back of the trailer and little backporch on the left I plan to do strawbale garden with herbs for my kitchen. Along the fence on the right I am going to plant hollyhocks and other tall flowers. There is also three old wood clothes line posts that I'm going to put netting up on so I can grow grouds. More pictures to come. Mary

This message was edited Oct 30, 2009 7:18 PM

Thumbnail by marti001
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Another look at the back yard from another angle. Mary

Thumbnail by marti001
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Area from back of trailer along the front of the trailer into what will be part of the shade garden off the front porch.

Thumbnail by marti001
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

OK let's move this to d mail so as not to confuse anyone LOL

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

marti, you are going to love the seeds I sent you, your back yard and my backyard are practically twins..

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks . I'll watch the mail. Mary

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.