What's for dinner?

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Turkey leftovers for dinner tonight, (1st time since thanksgivings).

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Turkey soup,marks the end of the leftovers.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ditto, turkey stew with dumplings and the turkey's gone!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

friday was a turkey casserole we saw on Rachel Ray this week.

layer:
stuffing
turkey
gravy
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
crumble corn bread or corn muffin on top and drizzle with melted butter
375 for half hour or heated through.

DEELICIOUS

Yesterday we had 35 here for dinner and had lasagna, baked ziti, meatballs, salad, and lots of appetizery things. So glad the weather cooperated so all 14 kids could go outside. I'm tired today.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hot turkey sandwiches and stuffing tonight is the end of ours.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

We're already done with it. Marinara sauce and pasta tonight!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We have a little bit of turkey left but all the stuffing is gone.

Pizza tonight.

We usually do ham for Christmas but sometimes a real polish/german/russian dinner, too, kielbasa, pierogies, etc

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

How do you make turkey gravy without a bird?

Thomaston, CT

Beef stew tonight that the GDs refused to eat---their parents went shopping, so I gave the girls bread, cheese, & salami---I know, I spoil them. My cousin takes the entire family to the Mayflower Inn for Christmas dinner---my DIL or I do a Christmas breakfast....I thought I would hate to have Christmas dinner out, but I love it! No cooking or cleanup, there are only 4 choices on the menu, but the chef will do a veggie meal if nothing appeals. Several years ago I ordered it, & it was fantastic---the best meal I've eaten at a restaurant---and everyone was picking off of my plate!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

with chicken broth

Melt some butter in frying pan add flour(you have to eyeball it depending on the amount of gravy you want) mix it up you'll have like little balls of flour, add chicken broth( a little at a time) salt and pepper to taste stir till thickened(this is when you'll know if you used enough flour) you can always add more

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We had grilled cheese and lobster bisque

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Shepard's Pie here.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My gosh, you folks eat well. In my next life, I'm living at Pixies, although lobster bisque, yummy.

In a pinch, I find Boston Market canned turkey gravy is good.

That's not spoiling the grandkids Robin. I feel when they are with me, it's not my job to make them eat what they don't want, and they are allowed to have some candy, or a soda. It's all part of being a grandparent.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Polly, Get in line for living at Pixie's! She's had us all drooling for some time!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

K.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thanks Jen! That did it. Now I'm stuffed. Gotta unbutton the top button.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol you're welcome

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Was the lobster bisque homemade? I haven't had that in ages.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh gosh no, not homemade. I don't have that talent.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh well. I love canned, also. Now I'll have to grab a can tomorrow if they carry it at our local grocery.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This was frozen from Legal Seafood.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Well, I won't be getting that kind then. I will look in the frozen section, though. Thanks.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

In the 90's I worked in a community hospital that was well known for their food--they had gourmet chefs, and the food was wonderful! Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, they would serve a full course holiday meal to all the employees, and they did not skimp! I was full course and better restaurant quality. One of the choices for first course was always a lobster bisque to die for! I looked forward to it every year, and obviously never forgot it! LOL!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We're having pot roast toight. It's in the crock pot.

South Hamilton, MA

Veal cutlet here.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yum and Yum

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Rib eye steak, french fries and a kitchen-sink salad.

Simple meal tonight; Club steaks, baked potatoe, broccoli, homemade Gingerbread cake for dessert.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Do you do the baking, WC?

No! (lol) that's one cooking skill I don't do, (I'd get fat!)
- DW did the baking, I did the ground ginger. ☺

Thomaston, CT

Simpler here---orange pancakes, thick cut bacon, real maple syrup, baked apples---I'm stuffed!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

pierogies and beets

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Still working on the leftover turkey and stuffing. Ugh. I'm done!

UGH! Never buy a big turkey!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I know! DH insisted on doing the shopping, then waited until the night before when all they had was ginormous turkeys! We were only going in for chicken! LOL At least it was tasty. And we're really lucky it didn't fall on the floor, 'cuz there were many close calls!

LOL!!!

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Does anyone know how to make hash browns w/onions for breakfast? I just screwed it up ...again....Cant stand the store bought.

South Hamilton, MA

I've never done that, but doing that type of cooking for potatoes, my dad used to put a cover over the pan when cooking uncooked potatoes & did not use s cover when the potatoes had been cooked (usually boiled) when he was frying those.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Thanks. I'm not boilingt them first so i guess I need a cover. They keep burning up.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Turkey soup

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.