What's for dinner?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Probably too late here, but don't stuff it Harper. Consider roasting pairs of chickens in the future. You'll be more green and have extra meals. It will take the same amount of time.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Not too late. Thanks!! You're right Laurel. The funny thing is, I had two, but only defrosted one. Silly me.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Well, I don't have a roasting rack. -sigh- Now I'm wingin' it.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I made meatloaf, rice and limabeans.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

I'm dying to try this

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056298/

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

My chicken roast turned out great!

Looks delicious, Jadajoy.

Well alright Chef Harper!

Thomaston, CT

You can put a lemon & onion, & fresh herbs in the chicken's cavity before roasting----I sometimes add lemon slices, kalamata olives, & fresh herbs under the skin of the breast, then roast---tonight it was mushroom raviola in fresh sage & butter sauce.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I LOVE roast chicken...we did one on the rotisserie on the BBQ once, it was the most amazing chicken ever!!!

Tonight was a new shrimp and rice recipe..with a Portuguese flavor to it

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yum, I love shrimp anything.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, sounds yummy Marilyn. I think roast chicken is the only way I'm doing it from now on.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Probably no one's making anything special for dinner tonight since tomorrow we'll be cooking/eating all day long. I don't have time to think about tonight!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm cooking a turkey breast tonight, so we can have leftovers. then I won't have to take any turkey from my daughters. I might gift my husband with some mashed potatoes tonight also, since he's making the food we're taking tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

home made pizza here

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yum. My husband makes a great home made pizza from a Chef Boyardee box mix. Hard to believe but it comes out really great. We add spices, cheese, and whatever toppings, but the basic sauce and dough are really, surprisingly good.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Most likely steak tonight. It's quick.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Still trying to decide what to make for tonight.

South Hamilton, MA

did that last night. raveolli tonight--not homemade.

Thomaston, CT

Nothing---I'm too stuffed!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

same here!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

this woodie was pretty hungry today too!

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

something is good in there

Thumbnail by wha
Thomaston, CT

Did you pop a little turkey in there for him? Gee, that may be a good way to get rid of some!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no that would be a waste - after some bugs i think - i took a bunch of shots and if you run the slide show fast it looks like an action clip!

Cute Woodie!

Tonight I'm making this with the leftover turkey. Its quick and very good and you can put in any vegetables you like:I use peas and carrots

Just mix the veggies, 10 ounce frozen or otherwise with shredded turkey, can of cream mushroom soup and 3/4 cup of water with salt and pepper.Put mixture in casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes covered. Remove covering and place tube biscuits ( i like the flaky ones) on top and bake 15 minutes more or until biscuits are done. This would be good served with leftover cranberry sauce too.

Thumbnail by jadajoy
Thomaston, CT

I do like a turkey casserole, but I think it will be turkey salad sandwiches tonight, since we're lunching out, & I'm sick of cooking.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Prime rib rubbed in Montreal Stak Seasoning and ready for the rotisserie, mashed taters with au jus gravy , fresh brussell sprouts, carrots and a loaf of bread. For dessert I made the Pumpkin-Ginger Bars that I made on Thursday but sent them to the Homeless Shelter. DH really wanted to try them so i made them again, glad I did......he loves them!!
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/pumpkin-ginger-bars/347c717e-6553-4a5f-8fd6-e06aa2794213

Also made some dough-boys and rolled them in confectioners sugar, DH adds maple syrup on top!!

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 3:13 PM

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Pizza Night! - (My day off)
- Although I've got about 3 pizzerias/block here, (no exaggeration), I go to one I know in Port Jefferson - an old Italian pizzeria which burns the bottom just right! Yippee! lol! ½ pepperoni/ cheese today! ☺!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

celeste didn't you just have a big t-day dinner? wow

I saw a lady in the supermarket buying a big turkey TODAY!
- must be an 'after thanksgiving day' sale...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Bill, but my DD is sick and so I need to feed her family too.....besides I'm tired of turkey already.^_^

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Who also has turkey for Christmas? Not us.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

new years

Not then either for us. Usually some Italian thing on Christmas - stuffed shells or manicotti.

Lobster for X-mas here... King Crab for New Years.

Is that your title, Bill?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we do a turkey for christmas if we have a big party prior to the date.. easy party food

christmas day we mix it up between Italian and Polish food

South Hamilton, MA

Roast Beef & Yorkshire pudding here. Plum pudding & hard sauce for desert. When I was a child the main meal could vary but Plum pudding was there. The difference is that my mom made them. Used to ship one to my great uncle in Calumet baking powder cans. Jumper 2 & most of the family visiting for Christmas this yr. She is looking forward to the plum pudding. Have to get a pie for SIL--will give GD a taste of the plum pudding to see if she likes it. Weird upbringing :)

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Roast beef and yorkshire pudding for x-mas. Since noone likes plumb pudding, we usually have pecan pie. I get to have plumb pudding this year! For New Year's, its pork roast and saurekraut. I also make the pretsel bread to go with.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Today it's turkey dinner for lunch. Since we went to DH's sis, we have no left overs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.