What's for dinner?

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Thanks Laurel. . Grilled turkey sounds like a winner! great idea in a pinch.

I dont know who Willie is, but I finally found one on line. Its been so long I'm trying to remember if the one I made was a salami

http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_beef_salami

Found this page too, i think it was summer sausage and there is one which uses venison. I may use turkey instead.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/popup_text.php/fld/recipe/tbl/recipes/key/29

Thomaston, CT

Making chili tonight with an avocado, cucumber, & orange pepper salad.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

made chicken soup with pureed leaks and celery - just brought some over to my in-laws who arrived home with colds from their vacation

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pre-marinated pork loin apple and bourbon...never had this one before sounds yummy.

Pork chops, mashed potaoes and PEAS. Bread and butter to boot.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Ground turkey with Goya sauce, green peppers, onions and garlic. Salad and tater tots.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Dessert anyone?

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Yum!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

berries from the yard celeste? looks great!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks! I made it for our friends B-day and in honor of V-Day with the red, white and blue. ^_^
It's called a 'Fruited Orange Striped Pound Cake' http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/155/Fruited-Orange-Striped-Pound-C111672.shtml

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Not from the yard! lol Those are long gone or frozen and I use fresh for this cake.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I made some chicken soup as well... Pixie that looks great!!

Thomaston, CT

Must keep DH away from this thread-- Pixie,-he's still talking about the cake you brought to Louise's RU! Tonight, pork chops, fresh sauteed spinach, potato & onion casserole. No cake :(

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

pork loin here not sure what to do with it - chicken soup got rave reviews from all yesterday although i'm thinking this is a tom sawyer deal and i'm huck finn.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Son's request for b-day dinner wants to go to Applebee's, okey dokey saves me from cooking.

Thomaston, CT

That soup sure sounded good, Bill----guess you have customers! Today was date lunch instead of dinner----DH had to be in the city to get a heart monitor.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

home made pizza tonight

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Doctored up store bought pizza tonight. I have some bell peppers left and plenty of extras to work nicely.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Broccoli and cheese soup and sandwiches.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

When i'm stressed I cook alot......in the last week off the top of my head this is what i've made.

The fruited cake above plus:
1 dozen raspberry muffins
1 dozen blueberry muffins
1 dozen Orange Cranberry-Nut Muffins
1 dozen Lemon Poppy Seed Glazed Muffins
3 dozen chocolate chip cookies
1 apple pie
1 13 X 9 Apple-Pear Coffee Cake
1 pan of Brownies
Boston-Style Sausage Subs
Lasagna
Honey Glazed Ribs
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Crock-Pot Chicken
3 Tourtière Pie's
Gallon of Chili w/corn bread
2 loafs of white bread
2 loafs of wheat
1 dozen yeast rolls
I hate dishes!!

WOW! Next time you get stressed come to my house. I'll wash the dishes :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I still have until thursday before the surgery....will be thinking what else to make. It's actually working out well as our neightbors wife left to go visit her new G.son and he doesn't like to cook. .....he's getting lots of left overs!! lol

My prayers are with you for the surgery. I wish you and your son all the best!

Your neighbor is a lucky guy:-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks J, much appreciated. :)

I'm sure all will be fine, Celeste. Wishing you the best.

In the meantime, I could use a complete Thanksgiving dinner...^_^

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL Victor!! I have all the fixins!!

I know it will be, but it's just my way of releasing stress. You wonder why Brian is like he is?? hee hee, His best buddy is an ex-marine, 6' 4", 270lbs. he's been a regular at the house lately. Also got some free wiring out of him.^_^ (He's a master electrician)

At 270, he better install an eating circuit breaker!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

He's a BIG boy!! It was actually a outlet in the kitchen that he fixed it kept tripping every time I used my microwave and rotisserie.

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

Home made Mac & Cheese tonight.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yum! I only like Mac & C, if it's homemade. If I have to eat boxed, give me Velveta!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Good luck with your son's surgery Celeste. : )

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

gee Pixie if you didn't live in the great white way... I might move in!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

lol Allison!!
Thanks Harper!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i'm hungry

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Me too. Let's go to Celeste's house.

Count me in!

Does anyone use fresh shallots?? Never tried them that way. How do they compare to scallions? I like the mild flavor of scallions.

Thomaston, CT

Shallots are mild, also---I liked them chopped in an avocado salad, but I also cook with them---boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a cut up fresh lemon, chopped shallots, & some Kalamata olives--oh, yes, chopped garlic, & fresh thyme---a sprinkle of EVOO--yum---Pixie---I need to use up the pears from my tree---I'm thinking pear-cranberry muffins, but pear-apple coffee cake sounds delish.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Whaaaa.... it's getting late, I'm hungry, tired and don't feel like cooking. It might be a "fend for yourself" night.

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

Never did make mac & cheese, Don surprised me and took me to Chili's. Have not been there in ages.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.