seeking advice for non toxic oven cleaner!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi all,

Okay, I am moving. And therefore, I must clean the oven. Every time I move in to a new place I think, well, I won't use it that much and I will keep it clean as I go. hahahaha

So anyway, here is this oven. And really, it is not all that bad, but I did bake chicken in there a few times, enough for the juices to splatter and become permanent cooked on patterns on the oven floor, etc.

I really hate those oven cleaner products though........ and yet my recollections of the times I have tried to clean an oven adequately without using corrosive toxic stuff are memories of utter failure. Maybe my elbow grease is worn out, I dunno.

But I thought it might be worth asking if anyone reading here has a good formula for a non toxic oven cleaner. ????

Anyone have any tips or ideas or suggestions?

All would be most welcome.

thanks!
Kyla

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!