winter protection?

(Zone 5b)

Hi all! I'm looking for an anti dessicant for my boxwood shrubs for winter, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I need. I found a product called Wilt Pruf.....says it will work. Any suggestions?

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

I used this product last year and the results were good. It was recommended to me by a professional gardener. I put it on again this year.

(Zone 5b)

thanks granitegneiss, oops my husband informs me he got Wilt Stop..is that the same thing?

Thumbnail by Lynnie6868
Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

What your husband bought is what I used this year. Last year, I could have sworn it was called Wilt Pruf. I got it at the same store as before, and I didn't think anything of it until you mentioned the difference. Maybe they changed the name??

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There are several different brands--Cloud Cover is another one. I think they all have pretty much the same stuff in them so you would probably get similar results from any one of them.

(Zone 5b)

I just looked them up, they all have pinene as the active organic ingredient...wilt stop is made by Bonide, wilt pruf by a company in CT.....as usual you're right ecrane *grin*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.