Retired Cannas

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I am looking at Karchesky's site. Some of my favorites are marked retired. Why would they be retired?
roxanne

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

They were not necessarily "retired", but more like off the shelf for awhile.
A good number of cannas acquired in their early years from all over were diseased.
A few years back, all diseased stock was culled and only the good kept growing while they focused to grow their collection clean again .. which they have :)
Their updated website for spring 2010 will show many of the "retired" cannas back again.
And also many new varieties in production the last years now increased enough to go out.
Hope this helps :)

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Alice. The ones in particular I was looking at were some of the Bernard Yorke Zodiac collection. Are they coming back? I love the whites and pastels. Your Beloved is gorgeous!
Roxanne

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

I was in Houston a few weeks back for the Pumpkin Festival.
Our youngest Daughter is Fair princess this year and in the Parade.
That was fun :)

'Beloved' will be probably 2011. Some of the Zodiacs will be back, too.
I have been putting many of the cannas to a blog, which I am probably not allowed to post here.
But if you google, you should be able to find it :)

This message was edited Oct 29, 2009 10:28 AM

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Congrats to the Princess!
Found the blog, I'll be watching.
If you ever need extra hands I don't live far away and I'd work for seeds. Just ask.
Roxanne

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Roxanne.
Sorry I did not get here in a bit. It's harvest time here, and we have been busy.
If you send me your address, I will send you some seeds.

The Washington Christmas Parade will be next. I have gotten so used to how warm it has been, I hope I will be able to get used to cold again.
Especially if having to be outside in one place for awhile.

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Justhappen to jump on here for an address and here you are. We go to the Wash. Chritsmas parade every year and every year it is unbearably cold! We'll see you there!
Roxanne Moskal
317 Ross St
Houston, PA 15342
Thanks! If you need extra hands let me know, I'd be happy to help on my days off.

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

I probably walked 3 miles at the Washington Christmas Parade last night .. lol
It was really nice though :))) And not too cold this year, either :)
Did you go?

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

No I didn't get to go this year, I had to work. I did think of everyone in the parade and how "nice" the weather was compared to usual. I heard it was a nice parade, it always is. It figures the one time I miss it the weather wasn't frigid.
Rox

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.