CLOSED: Wanted:perennial geranium seeds

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

finally got the hang of growing these so now I need/want more.
Especially looking for:
G.phaeum:
Chocolate Chip
Margret Wilson
Mierhausen
Morning Widow
Raven
Rose Madder
Samobor
Spring Time
Taffs Jester
Tricia

or a link to source for seeds

Peggy

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

Hi Peggy,

I have seeds of Geranium phaeum Samobor. Also have some other perennial Geranium species. You can find them here:
www.seedsite.eu

Jonna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Jonna,I'm looking mostly for ones w/ foliage color and postage would be tad high just for the Samobor. Thanks for replying.

Peggy

This message was edited Oct 28, 2009 12:18 PM

You're also looking for the Primula capitata and the Primula veris Sunset shades, I have them too. As well as Mimilus cardinalis that's on your want list. I have seeds of Seseli gumniferum too, but they are from 2008. They should be viable until at least 2011.

Jonna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I have in state sources for those should I not be able to trade for them.

Okay, it's clear to me.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for responding.

Peggy

Why are you thanking me for responding? I noticed you don't want to trade with me, I offered you some 'most wanted seeds' but you never responded. It's not the first time I offered you seeds you were looking for, but you always said no, not giving me any explanation. I would really like to know why.

Jonna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,here's another post going ugly.

Sorry if I upset you. I don't recall ever "not responding" but if I did it was because of an oversight or maybe I was posting a trade and you were looking to sell. I could understand your being upset if I had ever cheated you. I am on a fixed income and try to suppliment our retirement income w/ selling plants at a local farmer market. I do buy as many seeds wholesale(from the US) in several hundreds to several thousand count per variety as my resources will allow then post my surplus for trading of other seeds to make my seed budget stretch.

I hope that's explaination enough for you but if not...I haven't cheated you in way so I owe you no other explaination.

Peggy

(Zone 7a)

Utt Ohhhh here I go with my 2 cents...chuckling

Peggy,
I think what Jonna is implying: "She has many seeds on your WANT list" and would be happy to share them with you. Even if you had nothing in return as she does with many other people wanting seeds from her. Therefore with this in mind...maybe what you are wanting really isn't that important or there are other reasons why you wouldn't let her send you these seeds YOU WANT. Yes you are correct for not "owing her an explanation" as nobody needs to take anything from anyone thy don't want. But there are people who are looking for things..Post for it. Then when offered it says "No Thank You" So it just raises an eyebrow.

A certain person kept Posting for a certain plant. So finally I said I would send her 3 of each beautiful plants I had. Then she wasn't interested. But I've been around here for a long time and have seen just about everything. Therefore wasn't offended and could care less..More of My plant for me.

As for myself if I Post for wanting something. I REALLY want it. Therefore whoever has it doesn't matter to me. It's something I want.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

OK..fair enough. Although I have trade out of US,I don't often because of the postage.
Not trying to pull a fast one on anyone....not wanting something for nothing.

Let's just let it go and I will post no more Wants or Haves to Seed or Plant Exchanges on DG so no more eyebrows will be raised..."nuff said

Peggy, I really don't know why you think I tried to sell those seeds to you. When did I ask you to pay for them?
And I'm not upset, but was just wondering why you never wanted to trade with me.
As far as I'm concerned, this thread can be closed.
Jonna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Maybe because there are no geranium on your "Exchange Only" page and you never mentioned you were willing to trade for anything on your seeds for sell list for anything I have.

Let's just write it off as a mis-comunication and let it rest.

It's sure a mis-communication, because it's on my homepage that the seeds are also for trade. The 'Exchange only'
seeds are seeds that I didn't harvest myself.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Let it go

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.