Coffee Break #21 - World Series time!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1048516/

Big series starts Wed, weather permitting.

Check out this kid. Doubt the Board of Pediatrics would approve, but wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pes7qYWNngQ

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow is right

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

A future Olympiad in the making!

Bet no one steals his toys in K!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

or lunch money!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that kid is ripped

Too much rip going on for his age.

I agree. What a six-pack, though!

South Hamilton, MA

At least he can't be called obese.

Jimmy Rollins is shooting off his mouth again. The rest of the team is pretty classy - but not him.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What's a matta can't take it? Oh and should the Phillies throw a fit because of the NY Post headlines?

What was the Post's headline?

Rollins has always been an idiot. He should learn from his teammates how to conduct himself with some class.

Did you hear about the Phillies fan who was offering 'herself' for tickets?!

Can't make this up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_one_legged_theft

South Hamilton, MA

Yes, but you seem to find weird sites & articles.

No - they find me.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I saw that about the woman selling herself...what a loser!

Box for box???

tsk, tsk
;)

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

She's married too.

Jen, Are there really people in NJ that think the Post is a legitimate newspaper?

Maybe the husband put her up to it! Maybe he's the real fan.

The Post has some good reporters. Lots of New York State crap would have gone unreported were it not for them, for example.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i just heard on sports channel rollin's prediction. What is the big deal? I want guys who think they will win.

joe willy predicted a victory and it became legend.

there is nothing, (and i say again like sgt. shultz) NOTHING! to get worked up about.

Namath was different. It was a David vs. Goliath thing and no one gave them a chance. He was doing it to buck up his team.

I guess I'm old school. You don't make predictions. You don't boast. Nor watch your home runs. Nor dance around like an idiot (Jose Reyes). Nor celebrate mundane plays you're expected to make.

How many people chest bump and dance around simply for doing their job? Imagine office workers doing this. Or teachers? Accountants? Really silly. The classiest never did it. And the few classy ones around today still don't.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i'm old school too that way too, although this did not rub me the wrong way, there was no chest pounding - the david vs goliath could be applicable here though :) right dave?

Yonkers, NY(Zone 5b)

That's why my favorite player will always be Lou Gehrig.

Now THAT'S class!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't stand when they celebrate a good play esp football players...oh yeah, you're doing what they pay you millions for...eh good for you. sheesh...

Did you see somebody gave that woman 2 tickets and she's going with her husband...he had to have put her up to it. Why in the world would you support that kind of behavior? she doesn't deserve those tickets.

I don't know what kind of paper the NY Post is...I never read it...obviously not a very good one if they print that garbage.

You're kidding about that woman, I hope. Isn't she being charged?

Cliff Lee is pitching as dominating a WS game as I can remember.

You're right, Nancy! He was one of the best ever. Columbia U. has a nice display about him. But there are classy players around today too. Jeter is certainly one. David Robinson was another. Tim Duncan. Every sport has them, but they seem to be fewer and fewer these days.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

woo hoo the rain cleared up just in time to get all the good stuff outside before the judges came!!!... we saw the bus park up the street and Randy and I hid on the side of the house where no one could see us... you had to hear the kids going crazy.. and heard some comments like "this is outstanding".. from a few adults.. we are both so happy!!!

here are more photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/Halloween20092?authkey=Gv1sRgCMWPk8-dytu31QE&feat=directlink

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

She was charged with a misdemeanor.

Good luck Allison!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!PHILS!!!!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

one down - three to go

rollins won and mvp and they did not show isolated video of him during the game - jeter is a media darling - and i will say again no one walks that way naturally - he is full of himself!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

What about that nice throw Rollins made to the dugout. Instead of a double play, he ruined Cliff Lee's shut out.
It was Cleveland pitcher against Cleveland pitcher & a Cleveland pitcher won!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jeter creeps me out for some reason, I don't understand why so many women love him.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you Jen!!!

Looks ghoulishly fantastic Allison!!

Pretty amazing that Cleveland let both those guys go. Lee's game was amazing, including his fielding.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

CG i did not watch the whole game - the celtics were on so i was just channel surfing for scores

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I was watching Jay Leno more than the game. Timberwolves were on to, but I quit watching when they were 17 down. Then they rallied to win. They couldn't even do that when Garrnet was here!

South Hamilton, MA

Turned to the news after the Celtics game & whoops the series was on so watched to the end. Go Phillies! Never mind about the shutout, winning the game is the important thing. And a complete game--so many pitchers aren't allowed to pitch one anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.