hows fall so

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

hi everone its been awile sence i have been here.i havent stoped all summer,slowed down now fall,
has hit,around here its been so wet ,and after the summer we had its such a bummer.

I think we almost all had a pretty crappy summer. The weather just didn't co-operate this year. What heat we did get came very late. We still had ripe tomatoes and corn, so can't complain about that. But it sure wasn't beach weather.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hey and hi digging_dirt!

Good to see you stranger!

re this summer ibid what echoes said for my corner of this earth.

Winnipeg, MB

Current Conditions
Tue Oct 27, 09 at 11:00 AM CDT

7°C 45°F

Cloudy

Visibility: 24.1 Km
Sunrise: 8:10 AM
Sunset: 6:15 PM

Wind: S 28 km/h
Humidity: 70%
Pressure: 99.8 kPa
Weather information provided by Environment Canada
Today

Chance of showers
High: 9°
High: 48°
P.O.P. 30%
Tonight

Chance of showers
Low: 4°
Low: 39°
P.O.P. 30%
Summary
(Celsius) Tue Oct 27, 09 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue Oct 27, 09 at 11:00 AM CDT
Today

Cloudy with sunny periods and 30 percent chance of showers. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 9.
Tonight

Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light early this evening. Low plus 4.
Wednesday

Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High 9.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess I'll get back out there and hope I don't blow away

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Geez, 4C and windy, that's too cold for me.

I think we're the few that had a good summer. We had lots of sun and warm weather. we're still having less rain than what they forecast. Isn't it supposed to be an El Nino winter this year?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Windy, windy here, finally blowing the leaves off the trees that froze a few weeks ago. I have had to rake the lawn yesterday and today ,covered with the Laural leaf willow leaves- otherwise cant find the gifts the dogs leave me! It all gets raked onto the flower beds.

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

It was a beautiful summer and fall in the Southern Interior of BC as well. Yes Linda, they are predicting El Nino conditions this winter.

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

oh we had a great summer,very little rain.but we are making up for it now sence the last of Sept when hurricane Bill past trough it hasn't stoped raining and hi winds.Even today its enought to blow you away and its cold to its 3c with a wind chill.oh no we will soon have snow.I hope the predictation for a El Nino comes trough brrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate winter lol.
Oh almost forget how are you lilypon .

This message was edited Oct 28, 2009 12:50 PM

Thumbnail by digging_dirt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We have a Chinook on it's way, YEAH! Temperatures will climb during the night to +7ºC or 45ºF for a early morning temp tomorrow. If the Chinook does indeed form during the night, our high temps will be 11ºC or 52ºF and warmer for the weekend. Nice for the trick or treatrrrrrrs

High Forecast +2ºC or 36ºF
Condition: sunny
Current Temp: -5ºC or 22ºF
Wind: SSW 11 km/h or 7 mph
Windchill: -7ºC or 19ºF
Relative Humidity: 89%
Pressure: 101.8 kPa or 30.05" falling
Dewpoint: -4.9ºC or 23.2ºF
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 24 km or 15 miles; fog dissipating

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12º
Longitude: -114.04º

Sunrise: 8:24AM
Sunset: 6:14PM
Daylight Hours: 9 hrs 50 min

Had a skiff of snow

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The BlueJays really like the shelled nuts that the kid put in the bird feeder. They are very difficult to get a photo of....very quick to fly off.

Thumbnail by joannabanana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.