CLOSED: Hummingbird vine seed

Greensboro, AL

I am sure that is not the right name but I have hundreds of seed that when planted grow beautiful vines that have small red flowers to come on it. The humming birds love them. If anyone wants the seed for free send me a sae at
Bobby Williams
1116 Millwood Rd.
Greensboro, Al

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

I would love some I'll D-mail you my address. I'll send some stamps to cover the postage, thanks they look terrific.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

do you have a picture of the flower?

I think my Hollyhocks are "Alcea Rosea" "Happy Lights" but not sure. At any rate they look like them, there was no tag in the plant as it was given to me as a gift.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'll send out a SAE today. I would love some of your seeds. Mary

I have a hummingbird vine. I was researching it and I think it is a trumpet vine.

Darn I was hoping it was honeysuckle, oh well

Center, TX

Trina, are you looking for red honeysuckle? I have one thats making lots of seed. Let me know and I will send you some seed. alday

yeah alday I would love some... I love honeysuckles and Jasmines

Center, TX

Trina, as soon as the rain stops I'll check the seed. If they are ready, I'll d-mail. alda

I had gotten some starts earlier in the summer then we had 12 straight days of rain that drowned them out!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi whitewidower. It sounds like your vine is cypress vine (ipomoea quamoclit). Is this it?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/93/

Several vines are called "hummingbird vine", including cardinal climber (ipomoea multifida) and orange trumpet vine (campsis radicans).

Center, TX

Trina, what is a start?Is it rooted or not. I'm tring to root some cuttings in water. If they root, I'll root you some. Alda

no alday not rooted, oh well sometimes you win sometimes you don't, gardeners, we gamble all the time...LOL

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

here is a photo of my Cypress Vine.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Greensboro, AL

ButterflyChaser your are right. I looked them up. Did not take any pictures of them but here is a picture of some deer in my yard.

Thumbnail by Whitewidower
Greensboro, AL

Withad sent your seed today. Hope you have good luck with them.

Thanks so much, can't wait to get them started.

Flippin, AR(Zone 7a)

I would like some too, are there some still avaliable?

Got my seeds today, enough there to cover the whole mountain. Thanks again.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I also have a cardinal climber vine seeds, if anyone would like some; just dmail me. Similiar red trumpet flowers, but with a more tropical looking leaf. If you're looking for a fast growing, lush-green vine with pretty red flowers to draw the hummers in, this is a great one for that, as well as quickly covering anything you want covered (e.g., fence, arbor, etc.). In some areas, it can be considered invasive. I was personally quite pleased with it this year, as it covered my ugly chain link fence in lightening speed!

I love the leaves of those cardinal climbers.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Lili -- if you'd like some seeds for it, dmail me. I have plenty!

I would love some! I snuck some from a local nursery but I shared some with my girlfriend so I only have like 4 seeds. LOL! I've sent you dmail already. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.