Help ID

Blackshear, GA

Found this Saturday and just loved it. Does anyone know its name, I know it is not cherries jubilee, I have that one. This one has more yellow. It has nice size flowers.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

Hi Kay,
Thanks for that, but it is definately not a crossvine. It is a allamanda/madevilla just don't know what the cultivar name is.

Red Oak, TX

New Allamanda Chocolate Cherry

Blackshear, GA

Thank you, I knew it was close to cherries jubilee, but had too much yellow. This one is actually, to me, prettier. Of cource I asked the person where I bought it and she said mandevilla. That is all she knew. Why don't these people who run nurserys know their plants? I guess most people don't care what it is called, much less the actual name, they just want it too look good.

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

GAgirl, there's nothing that frustrates me more! I had been seeing these new blue petunias here and there this summer at big box stores. I finally saw some at a private garden center so I asked one of the workers what it was and she said "purple". I almost slapped her! But it inspired me to come home and look it up. It was Shock Wave Denim, a far cry from just purple.
Roxanne

Blackshear, GA

Funny! That's about how I felt. I have taken classes at the local college in horticulture and I just love it when I go somewhere and the 'worker' is trying to tell me it is one thing when I know it is something else. If they don't know, look it up, rather than telling someone bad info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.