Do you have special plants for me?

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

Please check my trades and if you have any plants to trade that will live in a hot sun and dry climate, that I can take with me to Goomeri, 40 degree's on a hot day, only one tree in the backyard that has "some" shade under it.

Please get in touch with me, not too much of a rush, probably 2 more mths before moving.

Thanks,

Debi

Bendigo, Australia

sounds like you need to get into succulents in a big way.

Hi Debi, the salvias you sent me in trade are flowering like mad right now! I love the intense colour of the coral lower lip of the coccinea. Thanks!

Joseph

Hey Joseph,

So great to hear from you!

I am so wrapped that the seeds are doing so great!

Makes me very happy, Thanks for letting me know this.

Your mate from OZ,

Debi & Gypsy Rose Lee (Dog, lol)
Purbreed Rottweiler but with the tail, unfortuately.

Thumbnail by Degarotty

I am hoping the beautiful salvia makes some seeds before the frosts of fall arrive. Fortunately it has been warm here the past couple weeks. Were you able to get your plants going this year of this species (the bicolor cream/coral Salvia coccinea)?

Joseph

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Have you tried angel trumpets. Our summer here this past year was way ove 100+. I have them in a raised bed, in full sun, and my trick was a soaker hose. I also planted them on a bed of water sorb crystals.

Great Idea taters,

How did you make the bed, like where did you put the crystals?

Debi

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

My raised bed is made of landscape timbers, and it is 4 feet from front to back, and is 24 feet long. It is 3 feet deep. The crystals I placed at the roots of the young plants, when I placed them in the ground! I think that is what saved them, and allowed them to get established.
This is what it looks like today! Ready to flush again in a week or so.

Thumbnail by taters55

Hey Joseph,

Yes my plants went crazy.

They are popping their little heads up everywhere in the garden.

I am shifting soon, and have to move ALL my plants. MAN, what a job that is going to be.

Debi

Happen to know the name of this Coleus?

Thumbnail by Degarotty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.