What's your favorite reference books?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

There are so many gardening books available and sometimes you have to question the value with limited content. These are my most favorite reference books that I utilize all the time. All of the have awesome pictures and very useful growing tips. What are some of your favorites?

This message was edited Oct 24, 2009 9:40 AM

Thumbnail by joannabanana
North Augusta, ON

I haven't really used a book since I discovered the Internet. Kinda sad isn't it?

Calgary, Canada

My garden book collection is almost same as yours. I do tend to go online to answer questions. Any new books are usually on a specific plant. I keep forgetting to go to Library and ask them to bring in the Christopher Grey-Wilson book on "Poppies". That is one that I want to read this winter.
One that I am reading now is "the Self-sustaining garden" by Peter Thompson. The sub title is "the guide to matrix planting". It is about creating these small eco systems in a garden so no plant over takes the others and they all live happily ever after together.
I like to get a book on one plant and then order seeds of various varieties of that plant.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's mine! ( thats about 3 1/2 half RF!)
I find I do tend to go online a lot looking for info but I still use the books, especially if I have a book on a specific species.
Also if I am for instance looking for a shrub to plant I like a book written for my region.
I notice that some of my books date back to the late 60's when I was only an indoor gardener!
And I seem to have some that I have hardly ever opened!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Here's a few ideas: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/551313/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.