Paw Paw seeds, anyone have any?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I am trying to find someone who might have paw paw seeds to sell or trade. My next door neighbor really loves these and we can't find any plants were we are at, I'm interested in trying to grow them and taste them just to understand why he loves these so.

I'm just getting started with collecting seeds and don't really have unique seeds to offer for trade which is why I am looking to purchase.

thanks for reading.

Janet

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

http://www.easywildflowers.com/quality/asi.tri.htm

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks so much for the link.

Janet

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I do know there is an ebayer (dogwooderitternet) that sells plants, I am in Ohio also and have ordered from him with great success, my paw paw trees had been in ground for 3 years when I moved this year and were almost 3 feet tall, would be faster than seed, just thought I would mention this in case you wanted to try small plants.
Laurrie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

OhioBreezy, love your DG name....LOL

Thanks for the heads up will look for him. Holden Arb. said their seeds took very well and next year at their native plant sale they plan to have MANY plants available.

Will look this ebayer up, always like to have sources...

Janet

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL Janet, when I joined DG many moons ago I used something quick and simple Ohio and my nickname that my siblings gave me when I was in my teens, it stuck and I still get called that along with Enos, thanks to my sister, ornery runt, anyway, when we moved I left my trees there for the new owners but I do plan on starting some pawpaw trees here on the new property as well so you are right, it's nice to have options!!

Happy gardening
Laurrie

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for sharing the story Laurrie.... I won't go into my nick name from HS classmates..... oh maybe I will....LOL

my maiden name was Wallace, well I consider myself upbeat for the most part,,,, Jollywolly..... I'm still liken yours better...LOL

Janet

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

too cute, high school, gosh for me thats been AWHILE LOL some things stick with certain folks & this name stuck within my family - it started because my dear little brother thought I looked like the gal that played "Breezy" in Six Pack (Kenny Rogers movie from eons ago) I guess I can't complain, it could have been worse!!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, goodness only knows what he might have come up with... I remember Kenny R. (do you remember when he was with the 1st edition group???) too bad he had to go and mess up his face....LOL

Janet

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have pawpaw seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.