HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRISITI!!!!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed year. i hope there are many more to come! God bless,
Isaac

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday!!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Princess K !

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday! Enjoy that Emeril's recipe Mikes cooking up for ya!

xoxxoxo Rj

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

A glorious birthday to you, Princess! Hauoli La Hanau. And big kisses, too.

Gail & Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, this is just too much. Thank each of you. Wish I could hug your sweet necks.

xoxoxox

Princess Kilikina

noonamah, Australia

Happy birthday, hope you have a blooming good day.

Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

Feliz Cumpliaños de tu amiga en Yucatán. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You guys make me feel special.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thats because you are!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Just found your thread Christi and wanted to say Happy Birthday. Looks like it's an international party!!! Let's celebrate a little longer!!!!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

i agree! someone your age should celebrate her birthday for more than one day!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I am trying to start a tradition in our household but Gail resists admirably.

I call it the birthday festival. Here's how it would go: I am 54 years old. Divide 54 by 2, you get 27. Twenty seven days before my birthday, I would get the first birthday present: something simple like a sugarless belgian white chocolate bar. Each day, the gift gets a bit more expensive until the 28th day (my actual birthday), where I would get cruise tickets in a birthday card. I would act surprised, say it's too much, wipe a tear out of the corner of my eye and be very thankful. What can I say? I'm easy to shop for! Gail knows my favorite cruise line and I'll go just about anywhere on a cruise ship, except Antartica and Alaska. Gail knows that.

Then, for the next 26 days after my birthday, the daily gifts get a bit less lavish every day until one day, my birthday's festival is over (WAAAAA!) until next year. I have gone over that idea in my head over and over and there is absolutely NO reason why it couldn't be instituted as a tradition. I would do the same thing for Gail, who is substantially older than I am (5 years). Her festival would last 5 days longer than mine. Hey, I am the one being shortchanged in this, but I don't mind. That's just the kind of lovable, huggable polar bear I am.

Of course, very old people like my father's second wife would finish one birthday festival just in time to start another one. I think she'll 362 years old next year but aside from small annoyances like that, it's a perfect system.

Think about it, bounce it off your spouse, it makes a lot of sense.
Sylvain.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL..your a mess Sylvain!! albeit a fun one

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

hahahahaha! I love it, Sylvain. MIL will be 92 in January. She will outlive me I'm sure.

Beautiful day today.

The birthday dinner Mike prepared was unmatchable. He has a commissioned order for brisket and ribs so he will be cooking on the smoker all day. Perfect day for it....70 degrees for a high and no wind. He will be cooking extra as once the pit is fired up there always others wanting more.

Randy has had the brisket but the ribs won first place in a cook-off this summer.

Hard to keep my weight in control with a chef on the premises.

Gonna be a great day!!!!

PK

This message was edited Oct 25, 2009 9:08 AM

mulege, Mexico

Happy birthday, Christi. ( I'm only one day late.)

hugs, katie

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Katie. Sure am glad the hurricane missed you this time.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

lol, Sylvain. in a family of five, it certainly would be a mission to keep up your tradition!
Christi, i am glad you had an enjoyable day. we were all thinking of you!
isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, this is the fourth day of my birthday so guess Pu'ole's idea is catching on. Thank you again, Isaac.

Christi

Isles Bay, Montserrat(Zone 11)

Happy Birthday Christi.. I hope your day is a special one!!!!

Tina

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Tina. Hope your mountain has settled down.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Belated Birthday Christi! Sorry I missed it! Hope you had a great day!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I love it. Nice to continue to receive good wishes.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

maybe we should start a new tradition by keep wishing you happy birthday until your next birthday! :-)
isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are a sweetheart. Not necessary but it is nice to know others are thinking of you. How is your health?

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thanks, Christi. i am feeling better, thanks, just a bit tired. i have asked Sylvain to send me that herb he was talking about, can't remember the name. He said that it should help my immune system, that would be good.
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

echinacea. Discuss it with your doctor. The website I read said not to take it endlessly, also a few other suggestions. Everything in moderation. I have a bucket full of seed from the flowers I had this past summer. Not planning to make a decoction. Each seed head must have 500 seeds on it. I could plant from here to there and not run out of seed. Would you like to have seed? I got it from another DGer last spring. Very easy to grow and makes a wonderful flower.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thanks for the advice, Christi. i will be sure to find out how long i can take it safely, if it can be used with other medications, etc. most medications, even herbal ones, you can't take permanently.
Do you think it will grow here? if you think so, i would love some seed!
Isaac

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It is a natural antibiotic, but if you take it too much, then your body gets used to it. Need to use for a couple of weeks, a month, and then stop for awhile. I order ours from Swanson Vitamins. They're pretty cheap. They definately work.

Jeanne

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thanks Jeanne, the one website i was on said pretty much the same thing, i don't think i will take it for more than 5 weeks at a time, how does that sound?
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Lots of people concerned about you, Isaac. DG is a wonderful community. I know from personal experience. Send me a d-mail with your address so I can mail the seed.

Christi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.