Need id on these amaryllis

Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

I went to the wrong thread first, then they sent me to you experts! What is the white one?
thank you

Thumbnail by mswestover
Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

another

Thumbnail by mswestover
Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

the red one?

Thumbnail by mswestover
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Red lion maybe?
The pink might be Apple Blossom.
Green Goddess possibly on the white one?

What do the experts here say?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A lot depends on where you got them. The most commonly sold bulbs in local retail are Red Lion, Appleblossom and Intokazi (an African White). Another white which is seen in local markets is White Christmas. Sometimes the bulbs are labeled Red, Pink or White. The above 4 varieties are the usual suspects.

Zephyrhills, FL

The white in your picture has a yellow throat and pronounced yellow ribs on the reverse. Intokazi has a very green throat. Intokazi also has a very ruffled edge on the petals,which your white does not. To me,your pictured white looks most like Ludwig Dazzler. Unfortunately, most digital cameras tell terrible lies about yellows and greens together,as well as reds,so it's hard to truely determine from your picture, the true colors of the flower. Chartreuse, green or yellows can all be supplanted for each other.
Del

Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

apple blossom is it for the one, the picture is the same. I got this one from a friend.

Red Lion also, because the other posted pictures show a kind of orange tint in some of the flowers. Got this one after Christmas, mark down at Lowe's.

Does the Ludwig Dazzler have the yellow veining and yellow throat? I remember the yellow is yellow, not distorted. I was really studying how beautiful the flower was when I took the picture. I think it is the same. I also got this one from a friend.
I wanted to post a couple of pictures and want to be sure.

thanks
Vicki

Zephyrhills, FL

I just can't remember about the reverse of LD. I suggest you use yahoo and google search engines,inputting the names of possible cultivars. When you input one name,you will often see others of that color mentioned,whereupon you can then use the new name in your search. Companies selling hippeastrum will often mention others of the color you're interested in,hoping to sell you something,if they don't have the one you wanted. They usually post pictures.
Del

Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

Will do, thanks for the advice. I will not post any pix until I am sure what I have.
vicki

Zephyrhills, FL

Vicky, I don't think anyone in this forum would suggest that you not post your blooms of unknown name.Most of us love flowers and gardening. Obviously, most of us really like Hippeastrum. Keep the pictures coming,they are a source of great enjoyment Most often someone can tell you what your bloom most looks like. Perhaps someone will eventually be able to tell you what the white one must be.
Del

Yulee, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks Del, I just see some pix that are not accurate and I do not want to be a contributor to that because I depend on accurate pix to identify some of my plants.
Vicki

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.