Glazing problems, questions, discussion

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

This vase has design of pine needles applied by a stamp. I etched in some of the less distinct lines, because I wanted to bring them out with a black glaze. I used Mayco Stroke & Coat 'Tuxedo.' The main color is Mayco Series 2000 (semi-transparent) 'Nautical Jade.' Tuxedo was poured into the design, then excess wiped off, then the Nautical Jade was brushed on. I used three coats because I seem to apply glaze thinly and I wanted to get full coverage. At the top of the vase, if you look closely, what looks like a shadow is actually Mayco Clear Cascade.

The black SHOULD have overcome the green (S&C trumps S2000) and the Clear Cascade (should have let the green show through, possibly changing it a bit, and flowing) http://www.maycocolors.com/mbookview_w.cfm?mbookid=12. It was applied thickly to the top 1/4+ of the vase.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2009 6:58 PM

Thumbnail by KaperC
This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!