Ladybug invasion!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Aagghhh! There must have been a mass ladybug hatching today- there are hundreds of them crawling all over my garage and house! Anyone else experience this?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

they are not ladybugs - some kind of look alike from china - and yes we've had them here for a while

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

We had a swarm last year too, not as many. Pretty wild around here today....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes Jen and I are seeing them too... mine started yesterday.. I never saw anything like it

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Theyre a horrible problem this time of year in Wisconsin.
Visited my brother one year and many people confined themselves to their houses, to escape them.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I noticed that they liked my lighter colored clothing and landed all over me. and pooped all over me. Yech. Are these the same type of ladybugs that will eat aphids? I hope so!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

again they are not ladybugs - they just look like them. and if you squeesh them they make an orange mess. some folks call them pumpkin bugs since they hatch about this time. another bug the hitched a ride from china. we have a light colored home and they are all over the outside although i do not think it matters what color the home is. somehow they get inside the home too.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

gaaaag

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I believe that Gardeners supply or another company sells a trap for these invaders.... so they don't get all over the inside of the house....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

if they do put it up far far away - they just attract them.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

They smell bad when they die, and they bite! We've had them for several years in OH.

Windsor, CT(Zone 6a)

Some info on Harmonia axyridis, the Asian Lady Beetle:

http://www.ipm.msu.edu/beetleFAQ.htm

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

gaaaak

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I didnt see your post before I wrote mine in pests. I thought they were cool. I now know better
Christine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.