trade bunny berries for plants

Memphis, TN

trying to get some feedback on this idea if anyone is interested. thanks kevin

Raleigh, NC

what is a bunny berry?

Memphis, TN

bunny berries are rabbit poop. they call it that because its small and round. its the best natural fertilizer there is next to bat guano.

Raleigh, NC

ROTHLMAO

thought that might be what you meant! what can I say - I was born in Memphis TN !!!

I would love to, but you know, I suspect you're going to want to contact folks in TN, as the cost to ship those berries is going to be a wee bit high.....

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I have enough bunny berries of my own. The darn cute little things have been sitting on the fabric mats, and eating the beardless iris leaves. And they leave tons of bunny berries, which I push into the iris root zone.

But personally, I think it would be a great trade. You could do a flat rate box, and get quite a few in it. It is great fertilizer. Or perhaps you could dry it, and be able to get more in a box?

Memphis, TN

yes I did not think about the shipping but it would be a lot. The idea of drying them is good, it would definitely be a lot lighter. Thanks for your posts

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

What were you looking for in a trade, anyway? I might have some next spring, unless you were looking for all bearded irises. I like to trade with 'inventive' people.

Memphis, TN

hello pollyk, i'm not exactly sure. have only made one other trade and that was for postage. i dont have many plants to trade at this point. thought trading the fertilizer might be good for starts. maybe some asiatic lilies, or let me know what you have and we can go from there.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I bet I could come up with some asiatic lilies, and probably some other stuff too. It will have to be in the spring, though. We've had a frost here, and everything is looking pretty crappy now.

But I've got you on my calendar to contact in the spring, and we will trade. Don't worry about what you have at this point, we'll come up with something.

Once you get started trading, you'll have more trades then you know what to do with, LOL.

I see the only thing on your want list is bearded iris Copper Classic. I don't have that one, hopefully one of the other iris lovers on here will. (Hint, hint).

Some of us just love trading with new people to get them started, so I expect you will get tons of trades next year. Then you can pass it along. We were all new once. Hang around here with us on the iris forum, and you'll find some nice irises for postage, too.

We lived in Nashville for awhile. Memphis is a beautiful city.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.