CLOSED: yellow tithonia

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

wanted to know if anyone has any of the yellow one for trade i have the orange and would love the yellow to go with it plmk and thxs i have seeds but i havent had time to get them listed so please lmk what youre looking for and i will see if i have it thxs

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I did not know there was a yellow, and I have he orange also. Here is a link to the members who have it. I really like it too... I may try to work a trade out with someone also!

http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/search.php?search_text=PFPID:59827

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Keep in mind that these are 2 totally different plants in the same family.

Tithonia rotundifolia is the small orange bush,

The yellow one above can get to be 15 ft tall and nearly as wide.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

My orange one was 8 ft tall this summer and at least 6 ft wide. Covered with blooms all summer. The bumble bees and butterflies loved it.

8 FT is unusually tall for the orange one. Do you fertilize & water frequently?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

We did not fertilize it but maybe once when I was using the hose end feeder on the whole area. We had a LOT of rain on and off all season. and we water when it doesn't rain, but I would say it did not get watered as much as the brugs did except when we had rain.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

mine got that tall as well.. it grew with the brugs and is still outside growing.. I did have some yellow that i got from someone.., planted them, but they did not come up..

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

im closing this because im going to order some since no one here has any to ofer thxs everyone

These are just coming into bloom so fresh seed won't be trade for awhile

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

budgie
thxs for letting me know but why are they just now blooming? my orange one has already bloomed and set seeds,did you get yours started late? thxs for letting me know but i will go ahead and order some thxs again just wanted to try here before i ordered but no problem ok? thxs

When I grew the orange, it bloomed all summer and died off in fall. I don't grow the yellow but there quite common in my area and I have seen them just starting to bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.