CLOSED: Datura metel 'Black Currant Swirl' seeds offered

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This thread is closed - - BUT - - the offering of seeds is not closed . . .

The offering is continued here - - »   http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060059/

Please go there . . .

Datura seeds - - Black Currant Swirl  (Datura metel 'Black Currant Swirl) offered for SAE + postage or for good trades.

Plant info:  http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49910/

NOTE:   All parts of this plant are toxic.  Take care to wear gloves when handling any parts of datura plants and to wash hands thoroughly afterward.  The seeds in particular are highly poisonous when ingested - so, DON'T EAT DATURA SEEDS!  O.K.?  Thanks.

my WANT list::  http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=want&member=LazLo

Whenever the supply runs out, I will close this thread right away.  Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Black Currant Swirl Datura seeds left and, yes, I will send a packet to you . . .

What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) or a self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 61˘ in LOOSE U.S. postage stampsPlease do not affix the postage to your return envelope.  Thank you.

Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your enclosed return envelope with the words:   Black Currant Swirl, just to keep me oriented and all.  Thank you.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

The accompanying photo was taken by me ! .

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

This message was edited Dec 2, 2009 12:15 PM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

another photo of the Black Currant Swirl datura, contributed to DG
by SobeGardener

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I'd love to try some of these. I've added a few things to my "have" list, if you want to check and see if there's anything you're interested in: http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=have&member=the1pony

I also have a couple interesting newer types of Vinca; "Pacific Blush" and "Heat Wave Red" that I don't have on my list, but for you, I would trade some. ;)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

lazlo

I too would like some of your seeds. I will send the sase. As I have nothing to trade. I am new just starting out. give me the ok and i will get it in the mail

Thanks,

Lori

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Ill send an envelope for this and the sacred datura seeds.. Ill also include your rocket larkspur.... Any thing else I can send ya from my list just let me know...Trish

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Lazlo, I was reading the PF on these and several mentioned how fragrant the flowers are. I honestly have had trouble smelling the sweet fragrance because of the nasty smell of the plant. Love how it looks though. Is it the seed pods that smell so bad? I also have a very large double purple NOID datura that smells something aweful! Any suggestions?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

all Dats smell funky - - i try not to inhale when working around them myself . . . whomsoever made the entry that they were fragrant should have instead used the word odorous!

i think that is a datura's way of saying:   "We so funky smellin'.  Don't even think of tasting us."

This message was edited Oct 20, 2009 8:00 AM

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

lol good point.. your larkspur going out in mail today, along with my envelope... Thanks for the generous offer....Trish

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL Laz, OK good to know it's not just me and my nose!

Center, TX

Hi Lazlo, My sase is in the mail. And thanks for the offer. What do you want besides the stamps? alday

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼ż☼»
Well, Alda - - if ya got 'em, I'd sure like anything on my want list, esp.

Vanilla Leaf (Achlys triphylla)
Partridge Breast Aloe (Aloe 'Jade Temple')
St. John's Chamomile (Anthemis sancti-johannis)
French Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus) - tubers
«☼ż☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo
Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

is this offer still Open?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

from the offer:

Quoting:
Whenever the supply runs out, I will close this thread right away. Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Black Currant Swirl Datura seeds left and, yes, I will send a packet to you . . .

yeah doing the Happy dance...LOL I will get my sabse out to you right away then!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Waving my hand!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

literally, I have tens of thousands of these seeds left . . . checked the garden this morning and counted a dozen new huge seed pods ripening - so no current prospects for running out of Black Currant Swirl Datura seeds anytime soon . . . If you are in a Gulf Coast state and your not having floods, this time of year is good for direct sowing daturas for a jump on next Spring . . .

I put some in the ground the other day, I hope they grow for me! I saved some for spring sowing just in case the ones I put down don't make it. Thank you LazLo! :)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

You're welcome, Pony!

Center, TX

Hey Lazlo, just rec'd your seed. Thanks a million. Now hope I can germinate them.alda

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I received my seeds Lazlo Thank you so much Trish

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

new photos - taken today - of my own Black Currant Swirl Datura . . . that i owe thanks for to Mark (mjm007), who never answers messages on his voicemail . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

. another . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My packet came today, actually last week but we were on vacation. Love that variegated bloom!
Thanks again LazLo.

Those are just SO gorgeous. I sure hope they grow for me.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Good morning, y'all!
BCS Dats Today - -

Thumbnail by LazLo
Madison, MS

Hi

I would love the seeds for postage

Sue

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

all ya gotta do is send me the envy, Sue ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo

Oh now I like that picture!!!! That is too funny!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

hey Don, do you ever post pics of your garden?

I'd love to have some of these seeds. I've just posted a trade list, so please have a look.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'd like some as well:) I'll have my envelope in the mail Monday!
Thank you!!

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

I would like some of these too. Will get envie out this week. THANKS!
KRae

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the seeds! WOW! You had alot of seeds.

wow Lazlo I'll be able to keep these around for a long time! More plants to share too!

Got them, thanks!

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I would love some of these seeds...got nothing on your want list, but I can offer seeds of Ipommoea lobata, which grows great for me here in Louisiana.

Thumbnail by budbloom
Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

My hands in the air, will get another envy out tomorrow. Envious as all get out that you have so much to offer everyone all the time.

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Got the datura seeds today, thanks.

BTW, here's a pic of my cassia tree, seeds from you about 3 yrs ago. It was in a pot, pot fell over and tree grows parallel to the ground, all the branches grow up. Everyone loves it. Once again, thank you, Don.

Thumbnail by budbloom
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

wow, that is so cool looking. do you tie the branches to the pergola/arbor?

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

No, Lili - they just grow straight up like that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.