Holiday Secret Santa Interest

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, here it is, mid October, and as much as I don't want to think about it, it will soon be the Holiday Season.
I feel I've made some great friends here in this forum over the past 18 months. Although I'd love to send each and everyone of you a great holiday gift, there is neither time nor $$$$$.

So, I was thinking we might do a "Secret Santa" swap. Similar to the tote bag swap. Put a limit on the $$$$ amount and stipulate that it MUST be hand/homemade.

If anyone is interested, please post here. Or if anyone has another idea of something to "swap"....................... I'm open to suggestion.

Rules................. you think we need some rules?????

How about we start off with, each participant provides:
1) your favorite colors
2) colors/theme that would match your family/living room
3) colors/theme that would match your kitchen
4) something you "collect" (fabric is a known)
4) something you might need/like to have

And then if the item is purchased a piece of fabric needs to accompany it.

And no one is expected to spend a lot of $$$$. This is one of those "it's the thought that counts" swaps.

The deadline for mailing would be "so it would get to you buddy before/during the holidays".

So I'll be taking names thru next Friday - 23 Oct (the anniversary of my joining the Army). Sat AM I'll do the mapping, and get your Buddy info out to you next Sat.

I'll update the 1st post with all the names of who is participating. And I'll move the rules up there also.
If you are not a Dave's Member, please send me your mailing address.

Ready, Set, Go.........................................

The participants:

1) Qwilter
2) Abbisgranma
3) Quilter5bdsr
4) Helenethequeen
5) Babeegirl
6) Taters55
7) Cheriffic
8) BarefootT
9) Kizmo
10) Catbird423
11) ladydragon5
12) heavenscape
13) syrumani
14) bettypauze
15) jumper2
16) mittsy
17) lillyfan
18) lillypad
19) Canadastrid
20) siliolegma

Had to number - I was running out of fingers & toes for counting.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2009 6:18 AM

This message was edited Oct 23, 2009 4:26 PM

This thread has 131 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!