Morning Glories 2009 #19

my mystery I Nils, thought is that it may be a Kohkan but not reddish enough, any ideas? ...its stayed open 2 days thouhg, i LOVE that!
:Darren

Thumbnail by

top shot of same flower, variegated leaves...

Thumbnail by
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Darren - That vine/bloom sure looks like the leaves from Kohkan. It may very well be a cross of Kohkan and anything else I might have been growing at that time. Very, very nice! Kohkan has great foliage and so does yours! ;-)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

becky, the MG tree blooms are opening a teeny, tiny bit,
I am watching them. When they open I will take a pic.
Charleen

Melbourne, FL

I'm pretty certain that first bloom was NOT Heavenly Blue.

gardenpom - I don't know either. Maybe future blooms of that light blue blooming vine will be a cultivar that someone recognizes.

I took a few photos of the vines in the window sill. They are on their way out. I didn't give them a very healthy start unfortunately, because I kept them on the screen porch with no sunlight and they were fading when I transplanted them into the window sill pots. As soon as I collect the few seeds they produced, I will start new seeds for this Winter. I was surprised that I had quite a few seeds from last winter's indoor vines even though the vines and blooms were much smaller than what I get growing them outdoors.

I have two small puny Fujishibori vines growing in one pot. Both seeds were from Antoinette. But as you can see here, they are different. This Fujishibori bloom is from the other vine. The speckles are not as dense as the first vine I posted a photo of above. This one also had a purple stripe on it. I am wondering if they are a cross. I like them both. Those speckles are quite unique in a bloom of any plant species. :-)

This message was edited Oct 22, 2009 10:00 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Charleen - Oh good! I am very interested to see what your MG Tree blooms looks like! :-) I am thinking that it might be something called Morning Glory Bush: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/52996/

Now that I looked at the other Fujishibori bloom from this past weekend, the speckle color looks different when comparing the two blooms from different vines. Here is the bloom from the first Fujishibori again (same photo as posted further up in this thread). It has more of a reddish-purple speckle color. Interesting ...

This is yet another grow-out of Diluted Fuji no Muraski in a pot on the window sill. Again, this one is on it's way out. The first bloom produced a seed pod as seen in this photo. But this bloom did not have any pollen and when I looked closely, it did not appear to have a stigma either. :-( It's almost like the blooms that are not as mutated produce seed pods, but the more mutated the blooms become the more sterile it becomes. I don't know. Can't figure it out...

The Sazanami vine produced an unusual bloom today. Much more white and less lavender pattern on it.

Last photo show the Blue Dawn (I. indica) vine with day old blooms (pink) and new blooms (blue). Nice contrast of colors at that time. ;-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

nice blooms everyone... hey Becky, I sent you some of my heavenly blues from last years grow outs earlier in the spring.. .. but I do not think I had them ID as that..

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Nice blooms Darren.

Love your blooms Becky.

An over saturation of color on Yaguruma Blizzard.

Thumbnail by patootie

Awsome, Jackie!

Thanks Debra. I will include a few sds of Yag Blizzard with your others.

well I planted some seeds out front lateer in the summer, and I got a bloom very similar to your white/palepink pink throat one.. and I am pretty sure it is the johanton one..
here is the one outside..

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is the one inside the house downstairs

Thumbnail by joeswife

while I was outside cleaning things up a bit, I found this guy.. I guess I didn't know this whole time it was up..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, Your pics look more like a very light pink rambler with the light pink bars. Just a guess.
I can't see the bars on the Jo Hanten shibori but then I need
new glasses. lol
Here's a pic for comparison

Thumbnail by patootie

:-) Thanks!

Jackie - That over saturated Yaguruma Blizzard is quite lovely! And I like your Jo Hanten shibori bloom, too. Is it an I. purpurea? (Maybe I asked that before and can't remember...)

Debra - Lovely light pink I. purpurea. :-)

well you guys know more than I do that is for sure.. went out this morning to take a look and alot of the I. Purps are still in bloom..

Becky, thanks, I like the Yag Blizzard blooms too.
I'm pretty sure that Jo Hanten shibori is a purpurea She had upside
down seed pods at one point.

I'm still getting blooms on this Milky Way most every day.

Thumbnail by patootie

One of my last Xiong's in Aug. This has made a few seed pods
to share.

Thumbnail by patootie
Melbourne, FL

Another of my Fall Morning Glories.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

Debra - It has been my experience that I. purpureas seem to like and can handle the cooler temps of Fall, early Winter, or even early Spring more so than most MGs. Glad to hear many of yours are still blooming outside for you!

Jackie - Really nice color on your Xiong! I would love to trade for a few of your seeds! :-)

gardenpom - Lovely blue bloom. Your photos are always quite impressive and this one is no exception. Very nice!

Well, I was debating whether or not to start a new bloom thread since winter is approaching, but then I thought about Elsa, Martin, and some others that live on the other side of the world who are just now getting into Spring. So hopefully, they will have some bloom photos to share soon. :-)

We are going here to continue: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1051149/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.