I need help finding Mich. nurseries that sell apple trees

Fowlerville, MI(Zone 5b)

If you know of any, please let me know their names and where they are located. I'm wanting to plant some apple treesright away before winter sets in. I live near Lansing so I can head in any direction.

Sure appreciate your help!!!

:) Glenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i know the soil=conservation thingy sells them here in april

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I got all my apple trees from the Arenac Conservation Dept. tree sale in spring. They usually send me out a newsletter/orfer form stating what's for sale, prices etc. I have time to look up all the names of trees and make an informed selection. Planting a tree is something that you need to do a lot of planning and thought on. I've been very happy about the quality of the trees I've received and have not lost one tree. I prefer spring for planting because it has the whole season to get rooted in and settled before winter arrives. Planting in the fall is OK too but you run the risk of the tree not getting rooted in before the ground freezes. If we have a mid winter warmup the tree may heave out of the ground. So, if you score some trees, make sure you mulch around them well.

You might try looking at the Home Depots in your area. It's kind of late but they may still have some stock marked down. Call ahead and ask. Try some of the tree nurseries too.

Good luck!

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

Good advise Loon, our local nursery still has a few left at half off! We bought out their blueberry bushes a month ago. Glenda you might want to give Bordine's in Brighten a call.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.