Hamilton, OH

I thought you might like this Blooming Brug
Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

Meet Elizabeth when she's Blooming
Elizabeth

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!!She is loaded with blooms : )
Very nice to meet her!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Very pretty bloom. I love the flower form
Dee

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, how often do you fertilize, during the growing season?
Dee

This message was edited Oct 13, 2009 8:06 PM

Hamilton, OH

Thanks for the nice comments
Dee
I fertilize twice a week with Miracle grow, then once a month I use epsome salts, I am going to miss the scent of the Brugs, this winter
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth is just packed with blooms! Beautiful..
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
you should see, the Brugs, that are allready in the basement, & the rest Ihave to dig up tommorrow, once they're arranged I will post a Pic, you can see my basement greenhouse
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I can hardly wait..
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
if I can keep September, out of the way, I could get a lot more done, I am dreading, digging up New orleans Lady
it got huge, but it is a tree form, I hope next year to have them all in tree form, they're easier to store them, I will still have to trim the canopy back
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I hope it's not raining there, today. It's cold and rainy here.Be careful wrestling out NOL.
Dee

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey, Dancing with Mules..lol.., did you find this this new thread?
Dee

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Yes, I did. Glad to see you all. I may be dancing with mules but took me
two hours gettings my donkey girls back in their pasture this morning.
Thank God, mule didn't get out, it would have been much worse.
Guess what girls? It's raining. Hey I got a pic of my noid blooming the other
day. they are getting sparse, but still beautiful.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Charleen I don't envy you having to round up donkey's in the rain.
Your noid is as pretty as ever
Dee

Thank you, Dee. I'm just glad the mule didn't get out.
It would have been rough. It was raining pretty good too.
Was out there actually forever it felt like. I have to bribe them
but I got them in. That is a beautiful Bloom, isn't it. I am
going to miss them this winter too.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes it is beautiful. Aren't they amazing plants. I always thought that they would be hard to grow..That's why I stayed away from them for so long..LOL
Now, we are addicted..lol
Dee

Boy, where we ever surprized!! Planted some plants today, supposed to be hardy but just got them, so I like soil , better than water.
I think they do too. Got to get thoseBrugs in that garden tub too. Not too much longer. Just got to ask my DH, know he will
be shaking his head at me , AGAIN> Oh, Well, the life and perils of a good husband ^_^

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Charleen...brugs aren't hardy for you? I know what you mean about hubby shaking his head at you..Mine does that a lot..lol
Dee

Yes. I have twothat bloomed that are in the ground
have come back. But I'm afraid to put the Frosty pinks out that Elizabeth gave me. I know they all have roots except one. It has no leaves,
So I don't know if it has roots or not. I would rather be safe than sorry. What would you do??

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Charleen...well... I'd only try to winter over something that has spent the entire year outside in the ground to begin with.. although ..I'm trying four in the ground ..that have been growing outside in the ground... in my local parkfor the last two months.. I'm already pushing the zone to the max... [ likely well..past the Max ] I might as well push time growing outside in the ground as well...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Gordon , do you think If I sink the two in the ground, that's been out all summer
Maybe, I can take cuttings and leave them out? That you take up less room.
one of them have blooms on them. The other is just sitting there.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Sure.. see what's possible....if you have cuttings you'll be off and running in the spring... in pots...they will be growing out before the ones in the ground come back to the point you know thay are happening.. and you'll have those favorites for another season either way..

I have pictures, I just took.
There is two, just looks like one,
it's still sprinkling too.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Charleen, good luck with your brugs. I have a number of them from Gordon, sent last year and over-wintered for me by a friend (alas no more a friend). DH has bought a number of supplies to make me a "sort-of" greenhouse under our deck which we hope to keep a few alive over the winter. I know we will need a heater as well, but, we hope to save what we can. Some of mine in pots have wintered well without ANY help (must be in a micro climate area). Anyway, I would like to meet with you in the next few weeks and admire your bonsai I've seen.
Sharon

That would be wonderful, just send me a d-mail.
You are welcome to my "FunnyFarm" anytime.
Charleen

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Glad to see that Gordon jumped in with advice!
How cool is that...that there's another member, living in your town!
Dee

Yes. I've been wanting to meet her.
I hope she won't be frightened of my critters.
But maybe she'll see that brug and come on in.
Since talking to Gordon, I think I will plant
those two young Brugs out and see what happens.
IAM going to take cuttings for "butt cover" just in
case. I felt so honored for him to answer my question.
Charleen
Dee. did you see the blooms on that one
little brug? Not the "yellow" one yet. Darn!!!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Do you know what color that one is? Thats neat, to have all those big blooms on that small of a plant.You have to post a pic, when it blooms!
Just let her know what she's gonna run into, and I'm sure she will be fine, with the critters.
Dee

She'd had a shock this morning. I sure did. Where's Elizabeth?
I took another pic of "our" Noid. I think she is the one got us all
together. Such a nice Brug to get people together. .

I was standing up on the porch to take this one. She is so tall.
I hit the send button instead of the Browse button. Also took
pic again without the card. No how goofy can you get??

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

That is a BIG beautiful brug!
Was it today that Elizabeth said that she was gonna be pulling grandma duty?? Not sure
Dee

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I went to the store and picked up a few things for my daughter and her family today. The 3 kids have been out of school all week and mom and dad have been home sick since Tuesday.Misty never misses work, so I knew she was really sick....She says her head hurts so bad that she can't raise up, but she is better than yesterday..she says.
Dee

The small one blooms are a lot like this one two. But she is short,
about four foot tall.
the flu is terrible, I hope none of us gets it. But it is all around.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I think I'm gonna get off for a while and go pot up some cuttings..I'll be back on a little later
Dee

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Faced with an Israeli blockade, the Palestinian zookeepers were unable to bring in real zebras. Their solution was to paint a couple of donkeys at the zoo,
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/14/gaza-zoo-too-poor-to-buy_n_321019.html

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Hamilton, OH

Good evening
sorry to being mia, the washer repair man came this morning, he had to order a pump to fix my washer
Gordon, it's so nice to have you join us
Charlene
your Brugs are really pretty, I just did some catching up, it was raining really hard this morning, but it finally quit, so outside I went, now I only have 6 Brugs to dig, I will cut them back in the basement, where's it's warm, I got most of the leaves trimmed off them, I did not believe how huge New Orleans Lady grew, Summer kisses is a fast grower also
I don't know why the look so much smaller in the ground than when you dig them up
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi Elizabeth...you're almost finished. I know you will be glad when you are .
Yes, it is nice to have Gordon popping in!
Dee

I saw that article with Zebra's Gordon, it was really nice.
Elizabeth, Your back. Did you see My article about my
donkey chase this mornig. Dee and I have been chatting
along and Gordon joined us, We are so glad. 6 more,
Lordy, girl you have been busy.

Hamilton, OH

Dee
the 6 that are left, I have to look for something in the garage, so september follows me in, then I shut the door, keeps her & me safe, I don't fall & she don't get stepped on, when I dug Miss B haven I left the blooms on & took the leaves on
so I can smell it in my basement, tommorrow, I will get a Pic of Summer Kisses, it has a full flush, also P&C is still blooming, oh well, there's always next spring, you are allready done with outside aren't you?
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
I did read about the chase, I bet that was a lot of fun in the rain, feel free to chat, I love it, gives us something to do, & having Gordon joins is a plus, we all just love to see his Brugs, if anyone told me in 2001, that I would have a collection
like this, I wouldn't have believed it, but now that a lot of them are in the basement, I am glad, now to work on the standard look, also I have some seeds, that I won doing the contest on BGI, I will be planting those up the end of February, so I will be busy
Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.