Lychee Tree

St John's, Antigua and Barbuda(Zone 10a)

I have just been given a Lychee tree....oh what joy! Any tips from anyone?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Cocoloba, welcome!

I have a Lychee but it hasn't fruited very well for me - just 20 or so fruits some years. I think you have to strangle it or something (or at least take some bark off) and make it feel uncomfortable in order to get a good crop!

noonamah, Australia

Lychees grow here but they won't flower/fruit. You have to watch your temperatures. They don't like it hot.

Keaau, HI

Lychee does well in Windward Hawai'i as it is warm & wet. They don't do well on the Leeward side as it is hot & dry.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Well, that 'splains it! The tree itself looks great, but isn't one of my big croppers! I am constantly being told to gird the tree in order to get a good crop, but now I know it won't make much difference here in Kihei...thanks for the info guys, it's still a pretty tree to sit underneath anyway. I hope your area is better suited than mine Cocoloba.

However, the Cherimoya is doing very well and we have been harvesting a fairly good crop. We have put down a thick mulch around it this summer and we have hopes for an even better crop next year - especially if I try my hand at pollenating. The Cherimoya fruit is absolutely wonderful!

Keaau, HI

Hey Jenn, to get Lychee in Kihei, it is good to pray for rain.

Lucky you, on the Mango's though!

St John's, Antigua and Barbuda(Zone 10a)

Does anyone want canistel seeds?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.