CLOSED: DD SEED "ROUND ROBIN "

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

THIS SEED ROBIN IS FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TRADED PLANTS SEEDS BULBS ECT ECT WITH ANYONE IN OUR GROUP WE HAVE 6 PLAYERS & I WILL TAKE UP TO 10 PLAYERS WITH THIS ROBIN .

IF YOU HAVE TRADED WITH ANYONE IN OUR GROUP YOU MAY JOIN OUR ROBIN BUT ONLY TAKEN UP TO
4 MORE PLAYERS .

ROBIN WILL START ITS JOURNEY ON OCT 19TH . & HERE IS THE ROUTE UNLESS WE GET 4 MORE PLAYERS
I WILL HAVE TO REVAMP IT .

diamond9192002---IND
HAPPGARDEN ---MO
PTILDA --WI
MAXINE ---WI
GAGIRL---GA
CJCJMOSS----GA
JUMPIN4JOY---SC
FOTV-----VA
SUSIE---MI

ALL THE INFO WILL BE IN THE ROBIN THAT YOU WILL NEED AS FAR AS WHO YOU WILL BE SENDING TO NEXT .
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP THE ROBIN UP TO 3 DAY'S OR 4 IF NEEDED TO LOOK UP ANY OF THE SEEDS .

IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL SEEDS FOR ANYONE JUST PUT THEM INTO THE ROBIN IN A ENVY WITH THEIR NAME
ON THE OUTSIDE PLEASE . OR IN A CARD :)

PLEASE POST WHEN THE ROBIN LANDS AT YOUR HOME & ALSO WHEN YOU SEND HIM ON HIS JOURNEY AGAIN
THERE WILL BE A CONF #

PLEASE IF YOU CAN GIVE US A LIST OF 10 YOUR MOST WANTED , WE WILL TRY TO FILL AS MANY AS WE CAN .
FOR THIS IS JUST A SMALL ROBIN BUT MAYBE WE CAN FIND A FEW SEEDS
WE MIGHT LIKE TO TRY :)

WELL I HOPE THIS WILL BE A FUN ROBIN FOR ALL :)

SUSIE

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 12:48 PM

This message was edited Oct 19, 2009 11:52 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My top 10 most-wanted...

Butterfly Bush (I only have White)
Datura
Delphinium
Hardy Hibuscus
Tall Garden Phlox
Lavender
Primrose
Snow on the Mountain (Euphorbia marginata)
Veggies: Heirloom Sweet Peppers and/or Cucumbers
Vergascum, Ornamental Mullein 'Southern Charm'

Reserved Seeds
Sunflowers and a few other extras for everyone.

deejay9
- cosmos mix
- marigolds mix
- purple foxglove
- poppies
- helenium seed heads
- Clematis "Elsa Spaeth"
- Morning Glories
- Lupines

Jumpin4Joy
- Zinnia "Green Envy"

GAgirl1066
- Zinnia "Green Envy"

ptilda
- Mexican hats
- Clematis "Elsa Spaeth"

cjcjmass
- purple foxglove
- helenium seed heads
- Dahlia seed heads (Otto's Thrill, Wyn's Farmer John, Wyn's Mystic Moonlight)
- Morning Glories: "Heavenly Blue", dark blue & 4 seeds of Pink & White noid
- Coreopsis "Rising Sun" & Coreopsis lanceolate (orange flowers)

diamond9192002
- Clematis "Elsa Spaeth"
- Dahlia seed heads (Otto's Thrill, Wyn's Farmer John, Wyn's Mystic Moonlight)
- Coneflower "Milk Shake"

Maxine
- Clematis "Elsa Spaeth"

I'll update the list as we go along, hopefully this area will keep me organized too.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2009 8:31 PM

SUSAN DO YOU WANT TALL OR DWARF DELPHINIUMS ???
I Think I have an heirloom radishes if you like but i also had extra chocolate bell peper , chocolate tomato,& & Black Tomato if you like .

I have lots of white liatrus & Yellow trumpet vine easy to grow .
yellow water IRIS Seeds also .
MY WANTS OR LIKES

FOXGLOVES OTHER THEN WHITE OR PURPLE
4 O'CLOCKS
CHOCOLATE DAISY
COSMO'S ALL COLORS
RED POPPIES & DBL POPPIES , PLUME POPPY
LUPINE'S ALL COLORS
HELENIUM
CLEMENTINE RED COLUMBINE
RUBY PORT COLUMBINE
EXHIBITION CHRYSANTHEMUM

This message was edited Oct 12, 2009 7:37 PM

TY, Susie, I'm trying to add height in my long bed and would prefer to have tall Delphiniums. Would you please earmark a few of your chocolate bell pepper and tomato seeds for me. I've never tried growing the Black tomatoes. How did they did for you?

Here's a pic of my Heleniums last week. I'll save a few seed head for you.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I will have to post my seed list when I return home on the 25th of Oct. It is hugh, so please wait?

I would like some of the newer gaillardia seeds. Also have those in my stash. Gaillardia seeds.
Can't remember if I have delph. seeds left from N.Z. or not, but will check the frig when I get home for Fruit of the Vine, OK? They could me mixed or individual colors. I planted out 24 of those delphs. in Sept. and love them. Always let them self seed.

I guess I would like any perennial or annual flower seeds.

I can't remember worth a hoot!!

Supposed to get up to 77 here today, and I brought all fall and winter clothes. Will have to go shopping and see if I can find some t shirts.

Maxine

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

May I join? This sounds like a lot of fun!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

susie, would you put me down for some of your chocolate peppers and any heirloom veggie seeds you might have?

I also have heirloom tomatoe and bean seeds if any one is interested.

Maxine

Ok Maxine you & susan have my Heirlooms Tomato & ch pepers Have no more now

we have a new player that will be giving us her list soon diamond9192002 / anita welcome :)

CJ : I have some rose seeds they are mixed with a variety of roses would you like to try them . ???

some of my pks have many seeds in them so I will be putting seed baggies in & you are welcome to take some out as to what you might use of them .

I might need a few extra days before sending out the seeds for some of these might not be dried enough
with all the rain we had . but i will know more by sat or sun .

Maxine : can you name me a couple of the garlardia that you might want or that you have already i do have a couple out there but not sure if you have the same ones or not .

well off to fix super will check back later
susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Right now can't think. I have some seeds left from the "cherry Brandy" and "Cappaccino" gaillardia that I sowed in the greenhouse this past spring.
Sorry susie, can you wait until I get home to look at my tags in the flower beds?
I do know that I have blanket flower seeds also. They reseed themselves and get to almost be a nusiance.

Maxine

Thanks for letting me join! Here's my list of desirables:

Dinner Plate Dahlia
Cactus Dahlia
Border Dahlia
Cerinthe - Blue shrimp Plant
Delphinium/Larkspur
Hibiscus
Hollyhocks - double bloom
Clematis
White Lavender
Begonias

Spooner, WI

Lady's Mantle
Butterfly Weed
Delphinium Blue shades, especially
Foxglove: ANY
Lupine: ANY
Yarrow: Ballerina or Angel's Breath
Forget-Me-Nots
Blackberry Lily: Hello Yellow
Clematis: any, really
Helen Von Stein Lamb's Ears
Asters: any

oops, that's eleven!

Any perennials hardy in zone 3/4. Shade plants are great!

My Credit Card was lost (I canceled, so no one used it), but I have to wait for it to arrive before I'm able to pay my DG membership & I'll be turned off tomorrow. So don't panic if you don't see me for a few days! :)

UPDATE:
Thanks to amazing GW members, my subscription is paid, so I can enjoy the swaps!

Some of the seeds I have to include are:
Poppy mix (red, pink, orange, white, singles, doubles, but all perennials... from a friend)
Goat's Beard
Pink Yarrow (NOID)
Ladybells
Tickseed (yellow, I believe)
Some veggie packets I didn't use (from this year)

I have more, but that's what came to mind.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 8:20 AM

Hi Anita! I'm so glad to joined us. Susie explained in another thread that this will be a two-part Robin, so its route will be different the second time around.
Gals she sent such a nice assortment of seeds to me last week in a private trade.

That sound great Maxine about checking on the delphiniums. Hope you're soaking up the Sun!

The Gaillardia I'm growing is "Arizona Sun". It's a new plant for me this year and was an All-America Selections winner in 2005.
Anita, from the Blanket Flower seeds you sent me, do you remember or know the name of yours? Here's mine: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/71471/
I've been saving seed heads.

Who likes to grow Sunflowers? I adore them and this year our deer did too. They have never bothered them before but mowed every plant down before I discovered Liquid Fence. Anyway, I still have a good stash of seeds that includes lots of different kinds. PLMK if you're interested. I'd label each baggy and put them in an envelope with your name.

ptila, got you covered on the Mexican hats. See near the top where I'm keeping track of what I have reserved. You should still be able to D-mail til your membership's renewed, just can get into the forums. At least I think that's how it works. Good luck, girl!

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone well i'm here to post my seed list

Most wanted

Coreopsis
Dwarf Campunula
Nasturtium (black Velvet)
Aquilegia viridiflora( Chocolate soldier)
agastache
helleboros
Morning Glory
any Dahlia's
any double daylillie seeds.

Fruit of the vine I have red texas star hibiscus and Devils trumpet Lilac Le Fleur.
Can you tag me for - purple foxglove and helenium seed heads pls.

Deejay9 I have yellow 4'oclocks for you . And yes pls tag me down for chocolate bell peper and Rose seeds.

I have

2 pk of Lilium seeds ( little John)
White Cleome
Harlequin glory bower seeds
Red texas star hibiscus
love lies bleeding
Magnolia tree seeds
Red Castro Beans

Thanks cindy

This message was edited Oct 13, 2009 6:17 PM

This message was edited Oct 13, 2009 9:36 PM

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009 9:42 AM

Cindy, thanks girlfriend for the Hibiscus & Datura! Got you added to the reserved list for helenium seed heads, 3 different Dahlia seed heads, and purple foxglove seeds (these came from Anita! no trades are left since I'd like to try a few too). If you aren't picky about MG's, the only named one I have is "Heavenly Blue". Also have a good supply of dark blue MG seeds, and only 4 seeds for a Pink & White noid. Would you like a few Coreopsis "Rising Sun" and Coreopsis lanceolate (orange flowers)? You can see pics of my Dahlias here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1026309/

Fruit,

The Gaillardia I sent was "Gaillardia aristata". The Cherry Brandy and Cappacino are pretty as well.

WOW You Gals are screamming faster then i can take note :) but i think i have it right so far I will be starting the robin with about 100 +++ pks of seeds some seeds have 10 pks so one for each .

i just need to cut back on my stash :))) So I can start over :))))
this looks to be a fun robin :)

here is a few that is going into the robin

yellow trumpet vine seeds
aspenula azure blue surprise 1 for ea of you
white liatrius
liatrus blazzing star
3 types of Butterfly bushes pink's , Purple , royal blue
arugula rocket
nigella persian jewel 1 for ea of you
rattlebox 6pks
vinca burgandy halo 1pk
chicory 1pk
bellis montrosa mix 1pk
lobelia lilac 1pk
coneflower "HOPE"
coneflower Unknown yellow/orange
money plant 4pks
gaura longiflora 2pks
oleander calypso red 2 pks
flower an hour 2 pk
barrel cactus 2pks
eyeball plant 2 pks

there are many other surprises in there :))) but my sweetpea is getting restless so good nite all .

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh Deejay9 can i please have the coneflower "HOPE I'm making a Cancer Awareness Garden and would love too incorporate that plant. I'm working on my seeds right now...

thanks

Susie, This is fun. TY so much for sharing your multiples with us!
Would you please earmark a few of your Liatris (Blazing Star) and any color of your Butterfly bush seeds for me?

Thanks for the ID, Anita.

Cindy, PLMK if you want any of my Morning Glory and / or Coreopsis seeds? I'm so glad you made it back home and found everything pretty much back to normal. That was a long stressful trip for you.

cj : there is plenty of the Hope seeds for all & As for the butterfly bushes there is plenty for all :))) fresh off the bushes :) you just take what you can use of them . same with Both liatrus LOTTSA :) Going to go back out & look for more .

I think i might have some seed pods on a few of my Daylilies & Irises anyone want them ??? if I do .
will go check later when it warms a bit only high of 47 today BURRRRR.

well time to go feed will check back in later .

susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Fruit of the Vine, just harvested some dwarf coreopsis seeds here yesterday in daughters flower bed. Color single yellow.
Will put your name on some, ok?

Maxine

Thanks, Maxine.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Wellcome Anita glad to have you here. I can tag you for:
Hibiscus
Hollyhocks - double bloom
White Lavender

Fruitofthevine, Thank you in advance for Morning Glory and Coreopsis seeds.

Cindy

DeeJay,

I would love to have som Iris, what kind and color do you have?

CJCJ, you have made my day! I could just cry over the white lavender!

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Please do not cry we are a great bunch of gardener who love's to share.

ptilda & diamond, You're both on the reserved list for Clematis "Elsa Spaeth" seeds, just harvested last week. Please see the Plant Files for photos, including a few of mine.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55121/

Spooner, WI

FOTV, I LOVE that clematis! Thanks so much!

OH SUSAN Me TOOO Please for the Clematis "Elsa Spaeth" please please & thank you :)))

well my printer is on the BLANKY BLANK GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
So I Cannot print out all the info so I will HAND PRINT The info & Many of you know my hand writting is not the best . so i hope you all can make out the addresses .

SORRY BUT THERE WERE NO IRIS OR DAYLILY SEEDS ON ANY OF THE PLANTS Maybe next year .
I do have TON"S Of YELLOW WATER IRIS SEEDS & I May have some Purple also will check on them if so they will also go into the robin

i have this clematis well i believe it is but not sure if there are seeds on it or not.
will check tomorrow .

well my sweetpea is getting unruly & i need to get off here .

gn all .

Spooner, WI

Cindy, I've acquired a BUNCH of MG seeds from DG trades (next year will be my first year growing these), and there's NO way I can grow all of these! Since there are at least 15-20 different kinds, I was thinking of taking one or two of each & making a "MG Surprise Baggie" or two. If you'd like, I can mark one of these for you.

GM all,

Susie, how about a Word file you can send to each of us in a regular email? Would save you a TON of work.

Highs today in the mid-40's and steady rain for the 2nd day.

happ, are you still burning the candle at both ends?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

My Friend Judy Printed off the addresses for me So they will be in the robin & you all can mark off the person you are sending to >) so all is well now :)

ok I hope you all are ok with using a conF # I Know it is alittle extra but at lease we can track the where abouts of the robin & I Find that when i use a conf # even without prioity mail it usually gets to its destination with in 3-5 days.

acually if you ask the post master you will find that prioity mail is maybe 20-50 cents more & a 2-3 day service .
so going to take it in later today to find the best way to send it out & will let you know .

it won't be heavy but when you consider what 100-125 pks of seeds would cost you online I think $5.95 for postage
will be well worth it . & you will or can get 3 times the seed then you get in a pk for $2.00-- $4.00 a pk .

anyway nelly moser is the clematis i have & most of the seeds had blowen off the vines but i did get 1 pk out :)
so 1st one to post a want for it gets it .

well off to get busy on this . & collect so grass :) hehehe

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Susie, may I put in a request for the "Nellie Moser" clematis seeds?

Thanks, Maxine

happ we need a wish list from you when your job lets you out for good attendence :)) we miss you .

ga-girl are you with us yet love to get your list also .

Maxine you have it :))

Maxine, would you like some Clematis "Elsa Spaeth" too? A link to the Plant Files is above and as you can see, I saved quite a few seed heads.

I finally finished bringing in the Tropicals and houseplants this morning. My kitchen looks like a jungle, I love it! Also have big pot of potato & leek soup on with bacon crumbles...a little buttered sourdough bread to go with tonight and it'll be a cozy dinner.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Ok, you talked me into it. Blue is my favorite color.

Maxine

OK....got you gals that want Elsa Spaeth covered. Mine had 4-5" deep Purple/Blue blooms, just gorgeous and was new for me this year. She won't come true from seeds but will be interesting to see what you get.

The steady rain we've had for 2 days and more on the way is great but makes the days feel so gloomy, plus it's downright chilly with highs this week in the 40's. Normal is 70 for us this time of year. May even get a skiff of SNOW the week-end, most likely though in the higher elevations.

Fruit, Thanks for the Clematis. I think I'm going to dig up my entire yard and plant all my seeds from the Round robin!!!

Here's what I have for each of you:

DeeJay - foxglove, Western coneflower, Blue Mist Spirea, African daisy

Fruit - Butterfly bush, Delphinium (giant imperial mix), Kenaf hibiscus, lavender

Maxine - galliardia - What else would you like? I think I missed your wishlist.

CJCJMass - alyssum (white snow and white crystals), pink morning glory What is else would you like?

After creating an envelope of everyone's desires, am I suppose to add seeds that I would like share as well?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.