CLOSED: Spuria Iris - Available for trade or postage

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

I've been told its a White Heron. If you want some, drop me a D-mail. I'll check your trade list and see if there is anything that perks my interest for a trade.

If it ends up being a give-away, postage will need to be paid via PayPal.

Dawn

Thumbnail by Delightful_Dawn
Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm about to head to the backyard to get muddy digging up MORE spuria iris. (I swear these were never divided). I've got one more section and I'm DONE with the sardine like situation.

These are the ones that I pryed out of a small patch last night. Poor things!

Dawn

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Here is a TRADE OFFER to good Crocheters and Knitters:

Will send thread (or is it yarn), pattern, and the Spuria Iris if you would crochet/knit a hat and send it to me.

My daughter has wild hair and it seems like she gravitates to the newsboy cabbie type hats over all the other types of hats when she needs to get presentable in a hurry. I'm talking WILD hair.

Yes, I've tried to crochet and knit. My efforts were truely pathetic. Dismal in fact. I had a totally patient teacher but eventually I had to beg her to stop TRYING to teach me. It was obvious that I just couldn't grasp the concept.

D-mail me if you are interested in a trade of this type. Thanks

Dawn

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Here is the second batch.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

pollyk brought up a good point in a D-mail to me.

Since I didn't buy these Spuria Iris, I can't be sure they are in fact White Heron.

So disclaimer: Spuria Iris may not be White Heron but a look alike.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

OK - no more spuria iris rhizomes available unless you want the ones without the foliage.

I think I shipped out 8 boxes that were each maxed out just shy of 16oz. That is a lot of rhizomes! That doesn't count the massive amount that went to friends and coworkers.

Thanks everyone for adopting them and I hope you have great luck with them.

Dawn

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Sorry I missed this offer.....
If you still have the ones without foliage, I'd take those!
I'm a scavenger at heart....

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

nilly -

Oh, I have PLENTY of the ones without foliage. Back in Aug when I dug up a batch and was passing them to others, I kept the Charlie Brown ones and planted them in the new bed. They were so pathetic looking. They are now actively sprouting. So I feel confident the ones without foliage will do just fine. You will get decent rhizomes. I keep the Charlie Brown ones for myself.

Just send me a D-mail with your shipping address and your e-mail and I'll send you a PayPal request. Its running $5.25 and I'll pack it just shy of 16oz.

Took alittle trial and error on the postage + PayPal fee. Kinda hurt to absorb part of the postage since I was giving these away to begin with. But $5.25 is the exact amount needed.

My biggest problem is I'm out of decent size boxes. A friend promised to come through with some shoe boxes. I even had to negotiate a trade with my daughter for one of her shoe boxes (she is a tough one). Need to dig through the cardboard recycle bin at work again.

Dawn

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

It recieved mine today.. Wonderfully packed! Thank you .. thank you..

Webster, FL

FYI !!!
If you are shipping priority through the post office, the boxes are free from them!!!!
The postage is according to the size of box not by weight.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Yes, the boxes are free but they are tiny. I prefer to get as much sent out in a package as possible.

If I was just sending two or three rhizomes it would work but I'm sending nearly a pound of rhizomes. A bigger box makes it easier to pack them better.

I had alot of rhizomes to find homes for and didn't want to dole them out a few at a time. I figure if I send TOO MUCH, the person can always share with friends, neighbors, and coworkers...

The price is the same whether you send 1 oz or 15.9oz. I try to get close to the 15.9oz.

Dawn

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

08214 - Boy was I wrong. Just mailed a package. The flat rate boxes are tiny but there were some much larger Priority Mail boxes available.

Thanks!
Dawn

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Try posting this in the Plant Trading Forum, it seems to get more traffic.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/planttrading/all/
Maybe just a brief post with picture over there with a link back to this thread so you don't have to retype too much. ^_^

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh, I've gotten plenty of D-mails for give-aways.

I think I'm close to finished with this.

Dawn

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Guess there's plenty of traffic here too, good for you!

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

Mine arrived last week, so very generous, thank you! They are happily tucked into their new bed now.

Here's a link to the PP fee calculator I use, it'll help spare your brain cells next time ;-)
http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

Thanks so much,
Diana

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

Diana

That is a helpful link!

Thanks!!

Dawn

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

You're welcome :) 9kittymom showed it to me when she found out I was hopeless at figuring my own fees for the co-ops LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.