CLOSED: WANTED: Any Help?

(Zone 7a)

I am in a Desperate hunt for Saxifraga Stribryni. It seems to be available in the UK. Which will ship to the USA. The Phytosanitary Certificate is more then I can afford right now. My last International Order cost me $158.00 and I just can't do it again :-(. Seeds would be great if ANYONE has them..

ANYBODY???

Thanks in Advance

Posting this in 3 places...sorry.

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

Hi Kim,

http://www.seeds-by-size.co.uk/saxifraga.html

They offer a packet for 13,75 british pounds + 4,50 british pounds shipping to the USA. Still very expensive.
I could arrange it that they send the seeds to me and I will send them to you.

I'll d-mail you a contact in Norway, who offered these seeds last year for trade. Try him first.

Jonna

(Zone 7a)

You are a life saver! Soooo excited. Sending you a dmail. I don't know how much USD that comes too.

Chadds Ford, PA(Zone 6b)

Kim, just be aware that your shipment could be destroyed by customs because this seed provider does not have a phytosanitary certificate ( I just checked on his website). Last year I tried to bring back some T&M seed packets from France (they sell in this country) and they would not let me. Go figure!

(Zone 7a)

I suppose I have been very fortunate in all my trades over the last 6 years overseas. I have never had 1 of my packages not received by the other person. Also with the hundreds of species I've collected from all over the world I have had 1 package confiscated it was in 2004. The package came alright...EMPTY...with a note. ha! Saying your contents have been burned and confiscated. So 1 out of my hundreds of trades not received has not been bad. Also I just bought things from Lithuania and let me tell you...very very expensive (shipping, phytosanitary certificate..plants). And I will probably never do that again. Unless I go crazy again and have to plead temporary insanity..

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Small lots of seeds can be imported without a certificate. See http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_imports/smalllots_seed.shtml

Hope this helps, I've had seeds confiscated and destroyed, haven't tried to import seeds lately, but this should help.

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.