Pam Eveleigh

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

This past Saturday our MN Chapter of NARGS met, and Pam Eveleigh gave two talks: on primula (of course) and photography. Unfortunately, I had minor back surgery the Monday before, and could not go. (Everything is going well with that.) But I have heard from several members how really great she is, and one copied her notes from the programs and Pam's handouts, and sent them to me.

Pam's inclusion of maps of the Himalayas (and primula habitat) at the beginning of her talk were very useful, and set her program above others right away. This comment was repeated by more than one Chapter member.

Perusing the notes, I now see why Primula polyneura does well for me: it's natural habitat is dry forest. You see, I have no constantly moist areas in my woodland gardens.

Pam also relayed a nice trick for great photography, similar to your black card behind flowers for your studio shots, Todd: a piece of black velvet, attached to two bamboo sticks. This can be used as a portable backdrop, a black curtain staked to the ground, behind your photo subject.

Anyway, AB, perhaps sometime you can mention to Pam how REALLY impressed our chapter was with her, and the praises I am sure she received after her talks were indeed genuine.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

She is speaking to us this evening! I had lunch with her today and then gave her a tour of our Botanical Garden. She is speaking to us on the Alpines of the Himalayas.

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

That should be very interesting!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

It was a great presentation...I only wished she showed more!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.