CLOSED: «☼¿☼»    Holy Basil, it's Tulsi ! 

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

sorry, this offer is CLOSED . . . no more seeds until Summer 2010 . . .

This message was edited Oct 26, 2009 10:50 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

Would love to try some, will send another envy today. I am gathering some Hollyhock Malva seeds now if you would like I could send you some of them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼¿☼»
. . . withad:   hollyhocks always seem to be a challenge for me, so when you send your mailing address in a private DMail, please also share tips on growing them.  for 2 years running, i have only grown low leafy plants with no blooms - - and that is only for a few . . . the rest of my germinated hollyhock seeds were quite short-lived.

and since i am obviously accepting your seed offer, let's call this a trade and no postage stamps for Tulsi seeds will be needed, alright?

ATBTY !       ~       £az    ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I think I would like to give it a try too...If it can survive Tx heat surely I cant kill it ... Wanna trade? Ha how about for that rocket larkspur you asked for last time and I forgot to include with your daylilies..lol...I wont have any more seeds from it till next week tho.. or I can send an envy with postage...Trish

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼¿☼» . . . Trish:   gotta have that larkspur for next year's garden, so send 'em when you got'em . . . Tulsi in the wind for you today.   Thanks! ~ £

Thumbnail by LazLo
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh I just love that kitty!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

K got you on my trade list....soon as they are ready you have some coming your way..Sorry I forgot them last time...I just realized it when I went to beg for more of your seeds... :-)

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I am so glad to see your offer . My son has gotten into Thai cooking and we can not find the holy basil anywhere around here.We have had to substitute spicy , but it is not the same.
I have checked your want list and only found one thing I have . And I already sent some great blue lobelia seeds just yesterday to thank you for the multiple other seeds you have sent my way.
I can D- mail you a list of some of the many seeds I have collected,maybe there is something I could send, this feels so one sided ( me always getting seeds)
^_^

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Bad news and good news, Cinda - - it is not the same basil as the Thai. the good news is that i do have seeds for the Thai holy basil, too.

Tulsi is a sacred plant to Hindus - - Ocimum sanctum.

Thai "holy basil" is bettern known as Thai Siam Queen basil, Ocimum thyrsiflora.  See:   http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48849/

Thanks for the blue lobelia seeds - not here yet, of course.   Please do send that DMail to me and we'll see what we can work out together.

and don't feel beholdin', please . . . though a couple of extra cookies left by the fireside on Christmas Eve will be truly enjoyable   ;--)

ATBTY !       ~       £az

Thumbnail by LazLo
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Lazlo, if you're still looking for Anise Hyssop 'Golden Jubilee' seeds or cuttings, I can do.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Lazlo- I would love to have some of these seeds. But I haven't had luck getting them going in my zone.
Any suggestions?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Patricia, I really don't know. Can you grow basil there? I treat this just as I do sweet basil.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

You have a D- mail with seed list

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

I see from DG plant list that the licorice plant is considered a perenial in your zone. Would you rather I send rooted plants instead of cuttings.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I received my seeds... Just wanted to let you know and to say thank you once again.... I'll get your larkspur out to you this week.... Trish

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Lazlo, I thought about you as we drove through Austin (in 5 o'clock traffic...ugh!) on Thursday on our way to visit the fam in San Antonio. Sunday's return trip was much less of a hassle on traffic, but still not the greatest because of the rain.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

when you pass by the Parmer Lane overpass just south of Pflugerville, you pass within a mile of me. thanks for thinking of me!

that rain is a blessing for my garden - please do not let it bother you. ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll have to remember that! I've been enjoying the rain, but still doesn't mean people know how to drive in it! LOL

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

I would love some holy basil seed, but not sure if I have anything that you would want. I have zinnia mixed seed, mexican sunflowers, and butternut squash. If you don't care for any of those I can send a SASBE. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Mickey

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Mickey,

As with my Mystery Mix offer, I still got'em . . . Yes, I would like to make a trade.  So, instead of sending SAE and stamps, please send seeds from your nice White Flowered Bush Zinnia (Zinnia acerosa).  I'll put seeds for Tulsi &the Mystery Mix into the wind for ya this morning.  Thanks for the trade!

ATBTY !       ~       £az£o   ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Great!! LazLo Thank you in advance. I will be sending out your Zinnia seed on Thursday. I want to give the seed one more day to be dry real good.

Thanks,
Mickey

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi , I am wanting to send out an envelope for some seeds for the Thai basil (culinary) I would like to send seeds in trade I have sent a list D- mail to you. If you do not find any you are interested in I will be glad to just send postage.
Thanks
Cinda

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

My envy is going out later today! Thanks! I don't have much to trade yet but, soon should have some lemon and Genovese basil seeds if you might like either of those in a month or so let me know and I'll make a note to send some as soon as I have them ready in about a month. You are always so sweet and generous with your seeds for everyone. I would love to have a chance to return that.

Hugs,

Jamie

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

aw shucks, m'am. it weren't nuttin'.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Last call for alcohol Tulsi seeds!

Wow!  I had no idea this one would turn out to be so popular!  I am not out of "Holy Basil" seeds but I'm darned near that . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo

I read that shirt loud and clear.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Lazlo-

I want some, I'll send the envie and postage. I'm getting ready for a swap so I don't have my trade list updated at the moment.

Patricia

Got mine a few days ago. Thanks for the trade!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo I've always been able to read words upside down. Got to read most of a love letter my cousin was writing once cause she didn't know i could do that. So that shirt wasn't hard to read at all.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

sorry, this offer is CLOSED . . . no more seeds until Summer 2010 . . .

This message was edited Oct 26, 2009 10:50 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.