Cottage Garden Seed Swap and Chat #41

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have got to get some seeds ordered. Doesn't look like I am going to have much to offer out of my own garden - so I will offer some of the purchased seeds......

Genna

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Star Wrote....

Quoting:

Everybody come on over ther e and we cna wallow around together here for abit before the feedign frenzy starts. hehehehehehe

Sorry 'bout that... i do try to watch the 'post count' ... speaking of that... I should start a new one here too.

Let's move on over....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1048599/

This message was edited Oct 16, 2009 11:59 AM

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi there everyone!

I have for swap:
Amarathus creunthus
Centaurea cyanus 'Polka Dot' mix
Callistephus chinesus( 5 different mixes, just ask)
and a whole lot more on my tradelist.

Does anybody have:
Unpredictable lily seeds?( I have a 3 weird asiatic vars that are flying around my gardens and would like a little more varieity.)
Lisianthus
Lupines(esp. old vars.)
Helenium
Bronze Fennal
Borage 'Alba' or pink vars?

Anbody that wants Zinnias, come here!!!! I just collected about 3 lbs. worth and need to get rid of them!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I would love some!

Oh, and some more for swap I have:
Celosia(the plumed type)
a few seeds Gomphrena
'Alaska' Nasturiums(LOTS!!!)

Lynn, D-mail me your addy and offer something for trade.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dasiys... don't forget to move on over to the next thread....
I do believe the swap will be starting on Nov 1st... but i'd love some of those Alaska Nasties.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Dasiys.. Her e ya go.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1048599/

we over on this thread now, since this oen got to logn for us dial up folks.

LOL Zinnas and Nasturiums. : ) You gonan be one popula r person. You gonan have to probabyl stand on piggy fence rail for all the little piggys that gona be oinkign away at you. : )

heheheheh...

All those who want stuff just mail me.
I was out cleaning up my gardens today and found lots of seeds that are ready:
Light blue Love-in-a-mist
Victoriana Dahlias
Blue Borage
'Peppermint Stick' Zinnias
'Scarlet Flame' Zinnias
'Thumbelina' Zinnias
More dill seeds than mankind could consume in a century.

~Daniel

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Daniel.. Soemtime in the middle of the afternoon on the 1st of November we will be starting th ePiggy swap on a different thread, it wil be in the seed tradign forum and you wil see our Piggy swap logo , and I wil make sure ya get the links. Where you cna post what ya have and folks wil oink on a special chat thread for yoru stuff and dmail you too for you to save thos e seed s for them and then you wil mail the whoel thing to me and I wil put each persons request in their piggy trough and when we all done I send evrybody out all their stuf f that in their trough.

Click on this link below.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1035816/

that is the link to this years sign up sheet, btu I already got ya. : )

In my first post are some more links. Click on them and take a look and read through some of them , just bit s and pieces. It wil giv eya an idea of how the Piggy swap works. It may look confusing and complicated, btu it not. After the first coupel of oinks you wil be a pro. LOL : )

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Pamsue do you think you have Dame's Rocket? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/199208/ Lots of people think they are Phlox when they see them. They are supposed to be fragrant and I know there is a white form available. : )
If that's what you have I know I would love some. : )

I have seeds of dames rocket for some one!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I forgot to get seeds from my Dame's Rocket. I'd love to find some white only Dame's rocket. All of mine are purple.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Please remember Dames Rocket is considered invasive in many location. It is very invasive in Michigan.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

That one isn't on our invasive list here, but I can see how it could be. Occasionally I see a stand of it around old house sites, but haven't really noted any big stands of it around here. I do love it.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dames Rocket is also invasive here. I have one, but I also cut it back once it bloomed. I did not save seeds.

That's why we gotta get them from our seed swap! Jk but I am a very responsible invasive plant grower. They will be diligently deadheaded. :) I saw a field of them in spring when hardly a thing was blooming and it was quite breathtaking. They aren't officially banned yet in NH but I think they will be at some point. Lea sent me some mystery seeds last year that she had labeled as mystery purple phlox like flowers. I am secretly hoping they are Dame's Rocket! : ) They haven't amounted to much so far, but that is probably because they are still in the milk jug, I keep waiting for them to get big enough to transplant and it doesn't seem to happen. I think I'll make sure and plant them tomorrow before it's too late. If sending the seeds to a banned state you could always label them noid white phlox like flowers. ; )

Looks like Mass, Conn & Colorado are the places it's prohibited. It is a weed of 46 states. http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=HEMA3&photoID=hema3_005_ahp.tif One man's weed is another's treasure!! : ) It is also in the mustard family which is good for butterfly garden enthusiasts as certain caterpillars seek this family out as a host plant. I like to choose host plants that are also pretty when possible, in case the butterflies don't find them, I can still enjoy their beauty. I think those weed lists are more geared toward agriculture industry than a home gardener. Of course unless you are near preservation areas or something. Which I am not. Plus I don't grow lots of weedy stuff so I can keep up with just one. : )

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

pssssssst -- move on over to thread #43... this one is getting tough to load.. .i'm sure we've lost Star on this one.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1051144/

we can talk about Dames Rocket there too. ;-)

Madison, MS

Hi

I would love some of your seeds--I think this a foxglove plant

sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.