What did I just buy?

Athens, PA

These were at Lowes today. There was nothing in the pots to tell me who they are. Any ideas? I have looked online and sometimes I think I am close, but I have not seen anything exactly like them. Oh, by the way, I was prepared to pay the $4.98 each, but was very surprised when they were rung up as $1.12 each....

I would appreciate your thoughts/ideas....

Carolyn

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Athens, PA

here is the other one.....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Spooner, WI

I just bought a bunch of stuff at Lowe's today & it came to under $10! Not exactly sure how, but I'm going back for more! :)

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

coral bells?

Athens, PA

They are coral bells/heuchera - just wondering which ones...

Thanks

This message was edited Oct 3, 2009 9:01 PM

Gravois Mills, MO

hard to tell really what ones.

Lowes gets scrwed up on the prices sometime. I alway check them and home depot closely in the fall. I went in to lowes last fall and there sat 2 20in fiberglass pots. There was a sign said clearance $4 dollars each. I ask the lady if that was correct. because i was very sure it was not. she did not want to be bothered and wrote down the SKU and put the price at $4 each. So I paid $8 for 2 pots. This spring they had the same pots again and the price was $50 something each. I do not trust the pricing in any of the box stores anymore. Wallmark we find is getting notorious at jacking selected products way up as well or the others. As an example we have fairly large heavy concrete garden fountain. We wanted a winter cover for it. I found one on sale at 25% off with free shipping from a fountain supply co on line. It was $44.95. I wanted to be sure we got the best price and was looking around at other places and Target had them also on line. Exactly the same one and they wanted $199.95 for it.

Athens, PA

I personally am not a fan of Walmart, however it is because the people that work at my local Walmart are the rudest people I have ever met. I don't have this same problem at the Walmart in Horseheads, which is about a 1/2 hour drive for me and I am in Horseheads quite often. There are somethings that are less costly and I do buy them there, however one has to know what the prices are in other stores.

Back to my heuchs. I am wondering if I purchased another 'Encore' and I am wondering if the other one is 'Vanilla Spice'.......Not sure if Vanilla Spice starts out with pink leaves that go to green with the red marbling or not. The other one reminds me of Encore, but there are some subtle differences between the Encore I already have and this one....

Athens, PA

Somebody suggested Heuchera 'Ring of Fire' on the second picture - wondering if you agree?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

i like them because you don't have to wait for flowers, thier coloring makes them instantly attractive.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Carolyn, That first one could be Encore, but it also looks a little bit like Pinot Gris.

Lowes had a bunch of Dale's Strain. Do you think the second one could be that?

Athens, PA

Stormyla

I was originally leaning towards Encore with the first one as well, although this one just doesn't look like the Encore I already have - this one is peachier - I was thinking perhaps Cascade Dawn? I checked the lists of what Lowes sells and Cascade Dawn is on their list, but again, I am not positive.

For the 2nd one, I had not thought about Dales' Strain - you could be right. I really like the color variations in this one's leaves as they mature, going from red to a pale color.

Carolyn

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

The first one looks like "Mars", only I'm not sure if the leaf shape is quite the same or not.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I hate to add to the mix, but right now the first one looks like my Georgia Peach. However, to add even more to the mix, depending on how long they were at Lowe's, you may find that the colors of the leaves may change. In any case, you got a couple of great buys.

I think the second is also very pretty. If a lot of sun makes the center reddish, try "Beauty of Color." I am tempted to take a ride to Lowe's (it's 45 minutes from here).

FYI, my caramel heuchera has almost never matched the picture.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The second one looks like my Green Spice . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.