Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

oooooh.... just what I needed today! Thank you. Cold and rainy up here.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Something like this carrielamont!

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Or this!

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Show off! Send some warm and sunny up here please.

Carrie

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

LOL! Just couldn't hold the temptation of bugging you, wish I could send sum of the hot weather and sunshine to you. Maybe you could visit the island on your vacations someday and enjoy some of it.

Wilfred

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have been to PR, last Christmas in fact. But we had such a cold wet spring and summer, and so far, it's looking like a cold wet fall. Yuck.

My DH works for jetBlue, so we have free standby travel. To places like Cleveland, SLC, and JFK, but more and more in the Caribbean, hurray!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Well I hope you get chase to get out of yucky weather and come and enjoy some of the sunshine we have over here. have more than plenty to share, 85F* right now.

Wilfred

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Don't make me drool ....

Where is Carolina? N, S, E, W? I've been to Fajardo and El Junque and I've been to Vieques on a different trip. JB flies to San Juan AND Aguadilla. Actually to Ponce too, but I've never been there.

Isles Bay, Montserrat(Zone 11)

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I am so jealous Wilfred. You have such beautiful Hibiscus, the blooms are just stunning.

Thanks for sharing.

Tina

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

wilfred you are such the tease! play nice now. What's the name of your #1, 3, 4 & 11 hibs? Beautiful! Not a bad looker in the lot. Thanks for posting those wilfred.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice blooms, as usual, Wilfred. It would take me weeks to get that many blooms to post!
Jon

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

What a collection, Wilfred. Been awhile since I've seen so many pretty blooms at one time.

Patty

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks to all,
Well Carrielamont, you probably passed by it when you went to those other places over here since its right next to San Juan and now thinking you've been in Carolina without knowing it, our main airport is in Carolina not San Juan like a lot of people think it is, Carolina is one of the bigger municipals on the island, it runs from the shores all the way to the mountains in the center of the island, few people get to see all the beauty the island has to offer and that's a shame since it has so much to see, just have to know where to go.

Tina, I'll try and send you some cuttings of some of my hibs today if I get the chase to before I go to work, I'll let you know. This way you don't have to be jealous of others rather others can be jealous of yours.

Hey Debbie, I'm a baaad boy! LOL! If I knew the names I would gladly tell you but the ones you mentioned I have no idea what their names are, I still have a few that I don't know yet, at least their far less than before, when none had names on them, just have to keep looking until I do.

Just one thing Jon, were the heck have you been, forum not the same without you, your knowledge and comments are always appreciated here especially from me, anyway thanks for comming back, BTW, what happen to all those beautiful hibs you use to post you and Robert haven't posted photos for a while now, you must have something you could take a photo of.

Patty I glad you like them, have you any right now you can post photos of, would like to see them.

Wilfred

Thanks, Wilfred you are such a sweetheart. But I will still be jealous but that is ok makes me work harder to get me a good collection going, too. LOL. Keep the pictures coming.

Tina

Hi Wilfred

I know I haven't been on here as much recently. I be bad!!! I've just been busy starting my vegetable garden and planting seeds for flowers I want to grow during the winter over here in South Florida. Every year I find myself most busy with gardening things in September & October. It's the time of year when you can begin planting just about anything here that will thrive during the winter months. It's kind of funny that most people are winding things down at this time of the year and I look at October as the beginning of the gardening season.
Anyway, I did go outside this morning and take a picture of this hibiscus opening up. This is Hibiscus "Silver Charm"...which is always a large beautiful "double" bloom.

Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Jon... That is soooo beautiful. Thanks for posting!

Tina

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!....taught you were going to get away from showing that amazingly gorgeous bloom from us, didn't you! BUSTED! LOL!
Thanks for posting it Jon, knew I could count on you to amaze us with your beauties, but like always, we want more! we want more! we want! LOL!

Wilfred

BTW, going to have to get me one of those "Silver Charm"

LOL. Thanks Wilfred. You are a trip. I have taken some hibiscus photos in the past month but I've been holding them back until I have enough photos to post. Silver Charm is a hibiscus I picked up at The Conrad-Sunrise hibiscus show in West Palm Beach back in April. Its definitely a beauty with its white/pink/cream colored blooms which are more numerous now that the sun isn't as intense as it was in mid summer.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

If the others are just as gorgeuose as this one, please notify us in advance, don't want some one to have heart failure do to the shock of seeing to many beauties at once Jon, Its has happen to me, really died a couple of times already just looking at this one, LOL!
Do you know who sell it right now since you got your at The Conrad-Sunrise hibiscus show, bet some one else would like to know also.

Wilfred

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

ditto on that wilfred! jon, it's a true beauty, thanks for posting her!

Yes, I do know. Silver Charm is currently available through www.exotichibiscus.com. There are two other multi award winning hibiscus currently available through exotichibiscus I would highly recommend. They are "Red Snapper" and "Irish Eyes".

Jon

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Wilfred

I actually picked a Pink Lemonade (which is probably Bienvenue) and it's sitting on my bar, but DH has my camera. He has to use it on Mondays for one of his commercial accounts and hasn't come home yet. I've been getting some blooms here and there, but don't get to enjoy them like I did in the summer. When I leave for work around 7 a.m., the blooms are not open. By the time I get home, they are starting to fade. I had a Rum Runner and a couple of Lavendar Blush blooms today, but they were starting to fade by the time I picked em so I didn't bring em in the house. I also had a Sorority Girl bloom which probably was a deep pink this morning. I wish I could have seen it. Sorry I can't share.

Lovely bloom, Jon. I think this is the first time I've seen Silver Charms. Is it a new one for you?

I've had it since April Patty. It's tucked away in the corner of the patio around the pool.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Jon, that is an awesome flower. What size is the bloom? Know you're busy with your garden but take a break & post a picture. We are all suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.